• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2016 Pokémon Film's 1st English-Dubbed Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:34 am Reply with quote
Ash yells out, "A mechanical Pokémon!?"

But then again, people tend to forget things from 20 years ago. It's not like he encountered any mechanical Pokémon recently...

...nevermind.

Also, I had forgotten about Magearna until now. Interesting that, despite being featured in this movie, there has been no mention of Magearna in any official announcements of Pokémon Sun and Moon so far.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:46 am Reply with quote
And as always, the voice acting is yet again subpar.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:57 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

That's why the Japanese dub is better. The Pokémon sound less retarded there and don't say their complete names all the time, if they actually say their names at all.
S0N G3CK0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:03 pm Reply with quote
This movie has really nice animation Smile
TheConqueror

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:30 pm Reply with quote
I would never watch pokemon sub. I'm not familiar with Japanese Pokemon names and can't stand ash being called satoshi am just not used to it.
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
the voice acting is yet again subpar.

This is side effect of pokemon company taking back the license since they are pretty lazy when dubbing this now since they don't need to care as much.
Adamanto

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:59 pm Reply with quote
sailorsweeper wrote:
Quote:

This is side effect of pokemon company taking back the license since they are pretty lazy when dubbing this now since they don't need to care as much.

And comments like this one
TheConqueror wrote:
I would never watch pokemon sub. I'm not familiar with Japanese Pokemon names and can't stand ash being called satoshi am just not used to it.

is the precise reason they have absolutely zero reason to waste any money increasing the quality of their dubs. These people will watch it no matter how bad it is.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:03 pm Reply with quote
MajinAkuma wrote:
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

That's why the Japanese dub is better. The Pokémon sound less retarded there and don't say their complete names all the time, if they actually say their names at all.

It's amazing how, uh, less dumb? Pokemon on the whole is audibly when watching the Japanese track. It actually makes it quite tolerable as I'm not 11 anymore, which is when I moved away from Pokemon. Besides, you miss all that nice Megumi Hayashibara by watching the dub; mistake.
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Adamanto wrote:
These people will watch it no matter how bad it is.

The same could be said for the people who think the blame lies solely on TPCI. A chunk of the people who complain about the current dub will also insist the 4Kids dub was good, when the truth is they are both bad. Those people just replaced one nostalgia for another, and nostalgia is hard for some people to get over.

-Stuart Smith
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Watched the English trailer of Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel, and I have to agree that most of the voice-acting was...not that good. For instance, the delivery from Volcanion's voice actor sounded somewhat flat.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:59 pm Reply with quote
sailorsweeper wrote:
Quote:

It's damn shame as well, I truly think TPCI doesn't give a shit about the dub anymore or the anime series at all. The animation has improved so much and all we get is dvd only releases =/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1