• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shūmatsu no Izetta Original TV Anime Premieres on October 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:03 am Reply with quote
Hmm, is it normal for the staff and cast to be withheld when this is going to premiere in at least a month?
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:28 am Reply with quote
Cannot wait for this WW2 + yuri anime. I hope the yuri couple will survive.
Dylan21

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:23 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Hmm, is it normal for the staff and cast to be withheld when this is going to premiere in at least a month?

No, not really. Odd shows do that but still rather rare I find. A lot of TBS shows (Handa-kun and Dagashi Kashi for example) are/were very late for announcement of staff I find.
DeTroyes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:12 am Reply with quote
Looks interesting. I'll probably give it a try for a few episodes.
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:27 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:

This is heading into the realm of the unusual now. A TV series doesn't usually get 3 ads and several news articles with absolutely zero information about the staff and cast a little over a month before a show is supposed to premiere. At this point one of three things happened I think, either something has gone wrong in the production already like multiple originals of late or they are deliberately withholding the names now for some sort of modern hype marketing because they've got a lot of popular ones. I'm half expecting them to come out and reveal it's written by Gen Urobuchi, scored by Yuki Kajiura or directed by some veteran director that hasn't done anything in a while sometime mid September. The third thing could just be that the producer Shochiku is a film producer kind of new to TV anime who also kept a lot of things under rap for 91days as well until just about the last second.
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Dylan21 wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:

No, not really. Odd shows do that but still rather rare I find. A lot of TBS shows (Handa-kun and Dagashi Kashi for example) are/were very late for announcement of staff I find.

At the very least, this whole mystery of who's actually making the thing has kept me interested this whole time!
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Yeah it is rather weird that cast and staff up until now have remained unknown and with only a month until this show airs the clock is ticking so we should all know what the big secret is soon enough. Cool
StarfighterPegasus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:16 am Reply with quote
Germania? So America is teaming up with Germany, how does that work exactly...uh my inner historian is having a fit
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:00 am Reply with quote
Per its Wikipedia article, it "was the Roman and Greek term for the geographical region inhabited mainly by the Germanic people. It bordered to west on the Rhine river, to the south on the Danube river, to the north on the Baltic Sea, and to the east on the Vistula river".
kevinx59

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Love me some WW2 anime but yeah, the cast and staff being withheld is strange. I do hope its kajiura on the soundtrack, if only for the fact that she is working on non-Aniplex shows again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1