• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Re: Zero Novel Ad: 'TV Anime's Sequel' is in the Novels

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
navycherub

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:46 am Reply with quote
Cold!
croesys

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:54 am Reply with quote
So as someone who doesn't quite understand how advertising for anime/light novels in Japan works, does this imply that we're not getting another season?
Thorge

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:56 am Reply with quote
croesys wrote:
So as someone who doesn't quite understand how advertising for anime/light novels in Japan works, does this imply that we're not getting another season?

It does seem to say that the 9th novel is the sequel. I think....
Яeverse

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:02 am Reply with quote
croesys wrote:

What would be animated? If this anime covered 8 or so novels, I cant imagine theyd say another season is coming until at least the same number of [printed] novels come out.

Last edited by Яeverse on Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
鳳凰の王

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:02 am Reply with quote
croesys wrote:

The anime covered light novel 1-8, and #9 is coming out in the near future. So basically it's an advertisement for #9.

However, the web novel, i.e. the original one, is already way ahead, and more importantly, free, with at least twice the material covered in the anime and light novel.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:03 am Reply with quote
鳳凰の王 wrote:
However, the web novel, i.e. the original one, is already way ahead, and more importantly, free, with at least twice the material covered in the anime and light novel.

For most people here, the immediate question would be:
But is it TRANSLATED?
Raebo101

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:08 am Reply with quote
"If you want more Re:Zero, guess what? We're definitely NOT making any more. We couldn't even if we wanted to; the anime is all caught up with the novels. So you gotta read those now.

I REPEAT: WE'RE NOT MAKING ANY MORE RE:ZERO. SERIOUSLY. SO DON'T ASK."

Honesty though, I don't see myself reading any Re:Zero in the near future. (I say that even though I own the first volume of the light novel. Razz ) I'm happy with what we got. No season 2? No prob. Smile
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:15 am Reply with quote
A lot of LN anime end on a "read the books!" note but this is the first one to say it outright.
Fronzel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:18 am Reply with quote
Unusually upfront with the "anime is gloried advertisement" thing.
鳳凰の王

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:22 am Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:
鳳凰の王 wrote:

For most people here, the immediate question would be:
But is it TRANSLATED?

No, but I thought perhaps the immediate need for more re:zero is a severe enough motivation to spend a year to learn Japanese...It's unlikely season 2 will arrive in the next year or two, after all.
shuusei

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:23 am Reply with quote
now if only yenpress could speed up the releases so i don't have to wait till 2019 to read past the anime.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:25 am Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
"If you want more Re:Zero, guess what? We're definitely NOT making any more. We couldn't even if we wanted to; the anime is all caught up with the novels. So you gotta read those now.

I REPEAT: WE'RE NOT MAKING ANY MORE RE:ZERO. SERIOUSLY. SO DON'T ASK."

Honesty though, I don't see myself reading any Re:Zero in the near future. (I say that even though I own the first volume of the light novel. Razz ) I'm happy with what we got. No season 2? No prob. Smile

They are not making any more Re: Zero now, but whose to say what will happen when more light novels come out. Especially, if this makes lots of money.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:28 am Reply with quote
I look at this news simply that the new stuff starts with the 9th volume which is coming out now so thoose that cant wait for more of the anime they can read the LN which would be then as a sequel seen, but still there a high possibility for a 2nd season of anime since even the author said he wanted his whole work adapted and pretty much everyone is really happy with how it became popular. So dunno but for me this news dont mean that we wont get more of the anime.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:28 am Reply with quote
Wow... that's cold as ice. That'sspoiler[ "Subaru killed by Puck" cold. That's "Emilia is dead and Puck is going to freeze the wolrd" cold.]
Mitrospeed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:34 am Reply with quote
croesys wrote:

No not at all. This is merely saying that the story still continues and what the anime showed isn't the end, especially not of the 9th volume.

It's very likely that they initially planned to adapt the entirety of volume 9 but throughout the production they had to alter the ending point.

This here is clever usage of this change in order to promote the incomplete adaptation of a volume that will be released soon. The title of the episode which is actually the title of the 5th chapter of the 9th volumes proves the point further that this is a little cleverly thought out advertising strategy.

Last edited by Mitrospeed on Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3