• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[Manga] NANA by Ai Yazawa ~ finally Comeback?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaraSophita

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Hi there, I'm new here ╰(◡‿◡✿╰)

I just wonder, are there still any Nana fans around?
Because if it's the case, my hopes for this manga becoming finished one day were actually dead and then I just found out about this like so randomly and unexpected a few days ago.

A post at reddit.com about the latest statement by Yazawa:
Quote:
Ai Yazawa during an interview for ROLA fashion magazine: "I'll come back and finish NANA"

and someone also posted this comment:
Quote:
Ai Yazawa drew the cover and gave an interview for the last physical issue of Rola in which she said that she wants to finish Nana. That's all we know so far! The issue was released on August 1st but AFAIK this information didn't reach this subreddit.

You can find it all here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/4y71xp/ai_yazawa_during_an_interview_for_rola_fashion/
https://twitter.com/Ayanami02/status/764785121165660160

I'm not sure if this is some fake news or reality, just, I wanted to bring this topic in here, if there are some Nana fellows around .... maybe some of you even know more about it, I'd just love to hear from you.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Longtime Nana fan here. It's good to hear that she's interested in finishing it some day.

I'm just not going to keep my hopes up until she announces a return.
Risami

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:33 pm Reply with quote
I doubt it's real, but if it is real I really have hope for it. I loved the manga and anime. I love the drama stuff in anime and not alot of anime are like nana. I hope it makes a come back soonish and maybe even get picked up to be a live drama series again or movie
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:35 am Reply with quote
whatever was ailing her must have really done a number on her as she's been out of it for so long so its very nice to hear she's even considering getting back in the game. Fingers crossed as Nana was very well regarded and I've got a bunch of the volumes in my collection (not read em all yet but what i have is great).
2paccc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:28 am Reply with quote
I hope she makes more!!! I'm obsessed with Nana
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1