• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your manga collection

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desertking22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm curious do any of you guys own any classic shonen manga and which one? The closest to completion for me is Naruto...second comes yugioh the original. I would love to do Gintama, yuyu hakusho, rurouni kenshin, toriko, dragon ball z but I hate to see the volume count on those
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Most of my shounen manga is more modern rather than classic. I guess the only real classics I own are Inuyasha, Fullmetal Alchemist and Ranma 1/2 I gave up on Bleach after the Soul Society arc, can't stand Naruto and never really got into One Piece or Dragonball Z. I'm currently collecting Blue Exorcist, Haikyuu, Tegami Bachi (though there's only 1 more volume of that to go), Kekkaishi, Yowamushi Pedal Nisekoi and One Punch Man.

Rurouni Kenshin's not that long compared to some of the others you listed. Only 28 volumes.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:43 pm Reply with quote
I don't think I can answer this. It is not a question I every paid much attention to. I do remember that Viz used to put Shounan on the spine of some titles and currently puts SJ on titles originating from that magazine. Unfortunately most of those are put away and are hard to check.

The problem is that you can't even guess at most titles. As multiple discussions here have shown, the specific demographic for any title is governed by what magazine it appears in not by subject matter. People get real excited in those discussions.

Of the titles you mentioned, I have only Rurouni Kenshin. As with st_owly, I also have Ranma 1/2 and Inu Yasha. Of the remaining four thousand volumes, I have no idea.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:29 am Reply with quote
Im just lamenting the fact that kenshin and bleach are now being considered classic...then i realise that one piece came out in 97 and is nearly 20 years old and that i recently turned 33. Time sure sneaks up on you....

Anyhoo yeah i got loads of the stuff like the previously mentioned titles and FMA, kekkaishi, Hunter x hunter, hikaru no go, eyeshield 21 but i generally dont pay attention to the demographic because it doesnt tend to mean much to me. I could say i like the darker tones in seinen but you can go dark without being explicit as HxH has done a few times.

I get whatever looks good to me and as such i got a collection that has all kinds of demographics from shonen to josei, a good story is a good story.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:28 am Reply with quote
Hi guys,
My name Gustavo Woltmann and the manga I collect are Naruto, One Piece and Hajime No Ippo. I really love those Manga. Unfortunately, when I go to Panama to have some business meetings I've missed some publishers release. It's okay I know I can still buy it from other collectors.
joe_g7

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:57 pm Reply with quote
I only have the second volume of Bleach, it was a gift. I intend to buy many more of their series as well once I have money.
MisakiLove

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:32 am Reply with quote
joe_g7 wrote:
I only have the second volume of Bleach, it was a gift. I intend to buy many more of their series as well once I have money.

I also have the second volume of Bleach Very Happy How do you like it?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1