• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kyoto Police Arrest 2 Chinese Suspects for Uploading Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Яeverse

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:46 pm Reply with quote
I thought china has anime companies that simulcast.
Videogamep

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:

The US does and we still have fansubs here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:56 pm Reply with quote
So were these Chinese guys in Kyoto? That's what I assumed, but it didn't explicitly state their location, that I saw. It would be pretty crazy if they were in China though. lol
Kb24lol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Just wish they could get all those pirated anime sites off the web.
+ 光

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Kb24lol wrote:

Are they really so difficult to take down?
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:24 pm Reply with quote
and ocne they watched primsa illya that guy got a second sentence.
Catsplay

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Kb24lol wrote:

"Illegal" anime sites are a necessary evil. Many series don't get simulcast sub releases and remain exclusive to Japan so the only way to experience those series is through fansubs. The best way to combat them is to offer a better paid service, which is what Crunchyroll and FUNimation mostly do, and the series they don't have (And many OVAs and movies) are what I use those fansites for, because there is no legal way to view them. You can't ever eliminate piracy fully, and I actually think it has a right to exist if there is no legal alternative to pay money towards buying and or seeing a series.
InuKag1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:56 pm Reply with quote
They should by now that Japan don't play when its comes to piracy
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Catsplay wrote:
Kb24lol wrote:

"Illegal" anime sites are a necessary evil. Many series don't get simulcast sub releases and remain exclusive to Japan so the only way to experience those series is through fansubs. The best way to combat them is to offer a better paid service, which is what Crunchyroll and FUNimation mostly do, and the series they don't have (And many OVAs and movies) are what I use those fansites for, because there is no legal way to view them. You can't ever eliminate piracy fully, and I actually think it has a right to exist if there is no legal alternative to pay money towards buying and or seeing a series.

Well, strictly speaking, if you don't have legal access to something, the right thing to do is to just not watch it. I use fansubs for shows that I can't legally get as well, now and then, but fansubs aren't "necessary". They are nice to have, sure, but nothing about anime is a necessity. Without fansubs our lives would be just as well off and we would just have more time to watch the shows that are legally available.

Last edited by relyat08 on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Oh boy, this is going to be a treat.

Яeverse wrote:

China censors/forbids various anime. Code Geass is forbidden, for example. So many times, subs are used.

+ 光 wrote:
Kb24lol wrote:

Are they really so difficult to take down?

They're extremely numerous, and I think both of you forget one thing: Due to regional restrictions, many anime titles (or perhaps all of them) are not legally available. Or have you not realize how priviledged you are? Also, some people only have occasional access to the Internet, through free hotspots or a coffee at an Internet-serviced place once-a-week, for being too poor for anything else. They download because they can't watch it any other way. I will shamelessly say that I've been in that same position. You see, when your poor, you still need entertainment, and I really wish I had an account on a legal site, and had a beautiful collection like those that appear on Shelf-Life, or at least an used computer that can stream without blocking... but I don't even know what I'm going to eat tomorrow, so what the hell.

I'd like people to stop acting in arrogance just because they live in a more prosperous country of come from the middle class.

Catsplay wrote:
Kb24lol wrote:

A very good point. But instead of cracking down on actual criminality, Japanese lawmakers prefer to crackdown on file-sharing, arrest and humiliate drug addicts, make extra-time unpaid and punish an idol's love/sex life.
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:31 pm Reply with quote
With all due respect Hellsoldier, you don't need anime. I'm sure there are other forms of entertainment you can get legally where you live, if you feel entertainment is a necessity, but if you truly do not know how you are going to eat tomorrow, you should really focus on that. Your situation still doesn't justify fansubs and illegal uploads of entertainment.
dany_elle1908

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:49 pm Reply with quote
So let me see: if someone is poor and is in a restricted area, they do not need animes?
I find this bit...harsh don't you say?
Lol, sometime on tv or out is pratically nothing good
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:48 am Reply with quote
dany_elle1908 wrote:
So let me see: if someone is poor and is in a restricted area, they do not need animes?

No one in wealthy areas needs anime either.
co559

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:40 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
dany_elle1908 wrote:

No one in wealthy areas needs anime either.

why are you on a website for anime ?
co559

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:50 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Catsplay wrote:
Kb24lol wrote:

Well, strictly speaking, if you don't have legal access to something, the right thing to do is to just not watch it. I use fansubs for shows that I can't legally get as well, now and then, but fansubs aren't "necessary". They are nice to have, sure, but nothing about anime is a necessity. Without fansubs our lives would be just as well off and we would just have more time to watch the shows that are legally available.
if fansub was not their anime in us would be nonexistent and relyat08 get off ann if you don't like anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3