• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yuki Yuna Is a Hero TV Anime's 2nd Season Premieres in October

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HueyLion

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:27 am Reply with quote
Surprise this crap getting a second season....

O well I will watch regardless..
diamoundheadx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:09 am Reply with quote
i'm watching the first season and really liking it
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:35 am Reply with quote
HueyLion wrote:
Surprise this crap getting a second season....

O well I will watch regardless..

Oi. I liked that "crap". I'm looking forward to it.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:03 am Reply with quote
Definitely looking forward to more of this. The first series seemed to end pretty decisively and didn't obviously leave room for a sequel… but then again, that's what we said about Madoka Magica and look what happened there.
rinrinsama

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:14 am Reply with quote
great, we will have another great christmas this year, thanks takahiro!
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:41 am Reply with quote
I had quite a bit of fun watching the first season, so I'm excited for more YuYuYu! Smile
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:54 am Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to this, too, but I'm not crazy about this "half films/half TV series" format. I kind of wish it was just a straight up 1 cours second season.

Naturally, this will give PonyCan USA the opportunity to make their physical release even more expensive. The original three Yuki Yuna sets sell for about $70 retail for a total of $210. The only reason I own them is that I bought them for about $54 each during TRSI's holiday sale.

I bet you PonyCan sells the three movies in separate sets for, say, $50-$60 each and then splits the 6 TV episodes into two sets at $70 each, meaning the full season will cost about $$290-$320.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:12 am Reply with quote
I don't like the fact the sequel has only 6 episodes when even bad LN adaptions put 10 episodes in a short cour, although it will eliminate filler. Also, Ponycan has terrible prices, you just can't sell anime at import tier prices and similar structures and have them sell well outside of Japan, it's highway robbery.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:19 pm Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
Definitely looking forward to more of this. The first series seemed to end pretty decisively and didn't obviously leave room for a sequel… but then again, that's what we said about Madoka Magica and look what happened there.

errr. there was nothign decisive, if anything it ended the current characters arc and even that is a bit of a stretch.
DerekL1963
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
I don't like the fact the sequel has only 6 episodes when even bad LN adaptions put 10 episodes in a short cour, although it will eliminate filler.

The prequel and the sequel will air consecutively - for a total of twelve episodes in a single cour.

Blood- wrote:
I'm looking forward to this, too, but I'm not crazy about this "half films/half TV series" format. I kind of wish it was just a straight up 1 cours second season.

It's not "half films/half TV series". It's both... The three films each represent two episodes, and will be shown as two episodes when it airs on TV.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:16 pm Reply with quote
As much as I look forward to a second season, I still gotta wonder...

spoiler[How do you make those girls even more disabled than they are right now, do they all have to end up in wheelchairs? Crying or Very sad]
rinrinsama

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
As much as I look forward to a second season, I still gotta wonder...

spoiler[How do you make those girls even more disabled than they are right now, do they all have to end up in wheelchairs? Crying or Very sad]

in washio sumi the spoiler[the luckiest one ends in wheelchair and with her memory lost] spoiler[sonoko ends like you see in ep 8 of S1] spoiler[and gin, well, you will understand why mankai and being disabled is not such bad] spoiler[ dont read the next spoiler] spoiler[ Staring intensely at the wall, as if to make sure no enemy would attempt to come back.Her crimson outfit, now painted bright red with her own blood.The girl stood still.]

in the second part of the s2 spoiler[in the last episode of s1 all get healed, even sonoko and join the hero club] spoiler[spoiler hard next] spoiler[sonoko tell the others yuushas that taisha can now make "mass produced " heroes without the side efects of mankai, but they are a little more weak than s1 (oh god, here we go again)] spoiler[also there is a way to take back territory from vertex using some kind of seeds] spoiler[if you take all this spoiler until here, well just read a little more] spoiler[a posible end of S2 could be when sonoko and others finds the nogi wakaba diary and adapt NoWaYu as a S3 , where if you think yuyuyu is sad, nowayu is several thousand times worst]

Censored By Miko Sama, Year 2 of the Divine Era
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Yuki Yuna was very good stuff. Have high expectations for the sequel (but not very high).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:05 pm Reply with quote
DerekL1963 wrote:
Blood- wrote:

It's not "half films/half TV series". It's both... The three films each represent two episodes, and will be shown as two episodes when it airs on TV.

I'm glad to hear this. I thought there'd be just the three films then wham into the six episode TV portion.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:56 pm Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:

That is not true at all. The nature of their own world is the biggest elephant in the room, one that demands to be told.

I loved the first season, until it tried to make me swallow that love conquers all, including mass murder and genocide.

Still, I guess I will watch the new stuff, but I guess we are only getting six new episodes, since the first six are a spinoff. Sort of a weird plan, hope it doesn't bite them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2