• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:51 am Reply with quote
Dustin, that was really mean, teasing the PSO fans here like that. XD

Speaking of Musou, I hope Musou Stars will be getting a localization down the line. I know the game itself won't be out in Japan until the end of March, but if something gets mentioned, that would be great. I'd get it for the sheer delight of having an Atelier protagonist annihilate entire armies with her alchemy. :D
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:58 am Reply with quote
the thing about stella is that the review pretty much applies to all the musou games, be it the original ones, hotuko no ken, zelda, etc... you should only play them if youa re a fan of the franchise being used, otherwise they would be pretty basic games.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
and I don't think that there are any significant missteps to the selection, excepting maybe Lu Bu.

A Musou game without Lu Bu is nothing but blasphemy.
bassgs435

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:43 pm Reply with quote
I have a feeling that the retconned Extra plot that serves as Extella's backstory'll be told in full in the upcoming Fate/Extra Last Encore anime. Nasu already posted an outline of how this backstory'd go in his blog, but it'll be Last Encore where we might likely see the actual events. I mean Nasu is credited as scriptwriter rather than just original creator for Last Encore, so they're obviously planning something bigger than just adapting Fate/Extra as it was when it was released on PSP
omnistry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Same developer for Sniper Elite 4. Just new publisher.
SprintsMcGee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:07 pm Reply with quote
I think that Extella is more of a sequel of CCC rather than the original Fate/Extra. That or a combo since there are some things that happen later in the game that talk about the events of CCC but a good chunk talks about the events in Fate/Extra.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:03 am Reply with quote
bassgs435 wrote:
I mean Nasu is credited as scriptwriter rather than just original creator for Last Encore, so they're obviously planning something bigger than just adapting Fate/Extra as it was when it was released on PSP

I hope so because there isn't much to the story in Fate/Extra at all. The fact that you are literally locked to the school grounds for the game doesn't help. Actually the tiny bits about the world were interesting, but those are just very brief flashbacks as the game, sadly, takes place on said school campus in the moon cell. Nero is great though.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:49 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the Fate/Extella review. Really didn't expect that.

After reading this review, I think I'm finally seeing the appeal of yarn too.

(Oh. Right. Persona 5 was delayed. I kinda forgot. Damn.)
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:50 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
bassgs435 wrote:
I mean Nasu is credited as scriptwriter rather than just original creator for Last Encore, so they're obviously planning something bigger than just adapting Fate/Extra as it was when it was released on PSP

I hope so because there isn't much to the story in Fate/Extra at all. The fact that you are literally locked to the school grounds for the game doesn't help. Actually the tiny bits about the world were interesting, but those are just very brief flashbacks as the game, sadly, takes place on said school campus in the moon cell. Nero is great though.

Yes, Extella's not the sequel of Fate/Extra. People think it is cause the dumbasses calling the shots decided to skip games when doing the localization,

That said, i assume they'll rework the Extra game. Don't think people would like an anime of that game. It's not that good tbh, both gameplay-wise and story-wise
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:46 pm Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
Yes, Extella's not the sequel of Fate/Extra. People think it is cause the dumbasses calling the shots decided to skip games when doing the localization,

That said, i assume they'll rework the Extra game. Don't think people would like an anime of that game. It's not that good tbh, both gameplay-wise and story-wise

TBF Extra was a borderline flop in the West and CCC was released for a dying console that also never caught on in the West.

It's basically a miracle that we got Extella localized at all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1