• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Seven Deadly Sins -Signs of Holy War-

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chito895

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:30 am Reply with quote
These events actually replace episode 24 of the first episode. While the epilogues of "Holy Wars" move forward the story (and were my favorite part of this mini-season), the actual episodes was rather lame. My favorite was the one focused on Diane amd King, but nothing much happened with others.

I thank the team for including Peliodas, who was deleted from the first season, giving more insight on the Horn that spoke to Ban during the first season, and for showing us Merlin in that waitress suit. These things and the epilogues were the only thing worth watching in these mini-season.
SkerllyF

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:40 am Reply with quote
Meanwhile we are waiting for Cyborg 009 Call of Justice. Seriously, it was released the past week
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:59 am Reply with quote
These four episodes are clearly set up for a "Season 2" that we're still waiting on.

Everyone's pretty much fine, Gil is a little off but then again post war in the manga he get's kinda fanboyish when Meliodis is around there too.

I like this series for referencing Gowther's manga plot intro as opposed to the alternate one the anime did, and I liked that certain things were first featured in this but made an appearance in the manga, most notable being Vivian's cursed ring from Merlin never being mentioned in the manga but having it used against her in a recent side chapter made by the author while he was off for a few weeks.

My biggest complaint is that I wish there had been more, four episodes is really short and feels tight, especially when it's all just slice of life style things that weren't the major focus of the first 24 episodes. This really makes episode 2 stick out sorely since it doesn't mesh with the other three episodes that much, all it is is a drag out fight with Meliodas and Ban, but the other episodes were all people goofing around and doing everyday tasks, it's just a little off.

Also one thing I really wasn't a fan of was spoiler[ the totally random shots of Escanor in the opening and the final scene, clearly their setting people up to be interested in him but he says nothing and is kinda just tacked on for fanservice. I also wish that these episodes had done something with the Gowther Guila story since the anime ended last season with them as the couple but in these episodes they don't interact at all and their "Relationship" is kinda critical to Gowther's subplot and I wished they had teased some of that.]

Overall I like it, preferred the first 24 episodes and plan to by them when Funi puts them on discs in a few months but I'm more looking forward to the next larger more substantial stuff that they hopefully animate soon.
BinBouGami1234

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:42 am Reply with quote
An actual "second" season has been announced, although no other information has been released other than the fact that it's being worked on.
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:59 pm Reply with quote
It was OK series, but I really would prefer a full cour of Arslan instead.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:50 am Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
These four episodes are clearly set up for a "Season 2" that we're still waiting on.

Everyone's pretty much fine, Gil is a little off but then again post war in the manga he get's kinda fanboyish when Meliodis is around there too.

I like this series for referencing Gowther's manga plot intro as opposed to the alternate one the anime did, and I liked that certain things were first featured in this but made an appearance in the manga, most notable being Vivian's cursed ring from Merlin never being mentioned in the manga but having it used against her in a recent side chapter made by the author while he was off for a few weeks.

My biggest complaint is that I wish there had been more, four episodes is really short and feels tight, especially when it's all just slice of life style things that weren't the major focus of the first 24 episodes. This really makes episode 2 stick out sorely since it doesn't mesh with the other three episodes that much, all it is is a drag out fight with Meliodas and Ban, but the other episodes were all people goofing around and doing everyday tasks, it's just a little off.

Also one thing I really wasn't a fan of was spoiler[ the totally random shots of Escanor in the opening and the final scene, clearly their setting people up to be interested in him but he says nothing and is kinda just tacked on for fanservice. I also wish that these episodes had done something with the Gowther Guila story since the anime ended last season with them as the couple but in these episodes they don't interact at all and their "Relationship" is kinda critical to Gowther's subplot and I wished they had teased some of that.]

Overall I like it, preferred the first 24 episodes and plan to by them when Funi puts them on discs in a few months but I'm more looking forward to the next larger more substantial stuff that they hopefully animate soon.

and that there have me really concerned. now that funi have the license for the whole series, if there is an actual second season, will they do like with black lagoon and hellsing ultimate and have that season being dubbed by the original cast which everyone knows that outsourcing it to bang zoom will cost them a crapload of money, or will they use their own dubbing studio? that there should be the second part of the 64 dollar question. the other part is that will this get an adult swim broadcast? considering that jojo is about to end its run and AS cant depend of DBS all the time , this series would pretty much do well on AS since its a shonen type series through and through.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JRPictures

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:10 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
Snakebit1995 wrote:

and that there have me really concerned. now that funi have the license for the whole series, if there is an actual second season, will they do like with black lagoon and hellsing ultimate and have that season being dubbed by the original cast which everyone knows that outsourcing it to bang zoom will cost them a crapload of money, or will they use their own dubbing studio? that there should be the second part of the 64 dollar question. the other part is that will this get an adult swim broadcast? considering that jojo is about to end its run and AS cant depend of DBS all the time , this series would pretty much do well on AS since its a shonen type series through and through.

Netflix has the permanent streaming rights to the Seven Deadly Sins series first and foremost, which means it'll never air on Toonami. Funimation only have the home video rights and nothing else.

The dub for both S1 and Signs of Holy War were commissioned and paid for Netflix, not Funimation. So when S2 does come around, I'd expect Netflix to be commissioning a dub for it from the same studio and with the same cast.

Also I'm pretty sure Stardust Crusaders is likely to begin running on Toonami when S1 of Jojo finishes its run, the dub for it is known to be in the works for awhile now.
GamerTimeUSA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:05 pm Reply with quote
OP, Vivian teleported Gilthunder away with her.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:16 am Reply with quote
SkerllyF wrote:
Meanwhile we are waiting for Cyborg 009 Call of Justice. Seriously, it was released the past week

It is in the works. Should be up by sometime next week. Same with the Gantz CG movie.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Koda89

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:02 pm Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:

Yeah I am still salty as all hell that this caused Arslan Season 2 to be cut short. They could have fit another volume of the novels into the four episodes they lost to this. Crying or Very sad
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Koda89 wrote:
KutovoiAnton wrote:

Yeah I am still salty as all hell that this caused Arslan Season 2 to be cut short. They could have fit another volume of the novels into the four episodes they lost to this. Crying or Very sad

Yeah, it really sucked that Arslan season 2 was so short. I hope they surprise and bring it back to continue. I really like that show.

Key wrote:
SkerllyF wrote:

It is in the works. Should be up by sometime next week. Same with the Gantz CG movie.

Cool, good to know it's in the works for some point. I quite like the clips and trailers I've seen from Call of Justice so far and the dub cast list, though I expect some stiff CG complaints.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1