• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Puzzle & Dragons X TV Anime Gets 2nd Season

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir Daniel Fortesque

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:56 am Reply with quote
But it's so bad..
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:09 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure it's all thanks to China.
http://www.gungho.co.jp/ir/uploads/irs20170203_padx.pdf

The anime garnered over 37 million views. 32 from China and 5 from Japan.
Blankslate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:32 am Reply with quote
I actually enjoyed this anime for the most part (mostly due to its stellar dub).

Part of me hopes Season 2 will also get dubbed, but another part of me worries about the sanity of everyone involved since this has been the longest Simuldub to date.

There were a bunch of skipable episodes, but there were also some surprisingly poingnant ones. If anyone is looking to get into it and only wants to watch the surprisingly good episodes, I'd suggest episodes 14, 18, 20, and 22.
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:05 pm Reply with quote
I think the dub cast will be fine since some them worked on either One Piece or Fairy Tail so they have experience working on long shows. Sure working on a Broadcast dub is different, but I believe them
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:47 pm Reply with quote
I've been enjoying it for the most part, although less so since it's turned into a straight-up battle tournament. I've never been fond of children and their beasty minions fighting and getting injured when the only stakes are being number 1. But I like Ace & Friends, and Tamazo and Devi are starting to grow on me, a little. >.> Hopefully in a new season they will get back to the story.
Sir Daniel Fortesque

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Blankslate wrote:
I actually enjoyed this anime for the most part (mostly due to its stellar dub).

Part of me hopes Season 2 will also get dubbed, but another part of me worries about the sanity of everyone involved since this has been the longest Simuldub to date.

There were a bunch of skipable episodes, but there were also some surprisingly poingnant ones. If anyone is looking to get into it and only wants to watch the surprisingly good episodes, I'd suggest episodes 14, 18, 20, and 22.

Ass Class was over 40 episodes.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:01 pm Reply with quote
I hope the dub gets a home release down the line.
XtremeAnimeDan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:18 pm Reply with quote
The article is wrong in saying Funimation is streaming it subbed. The sub was one of the first series moved to Crunchyroll due to their partnership. The sub has only been on Crunchyroll since that announcement, though the Funi site continues to get the new dubbed episodes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1