• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail Manga Is Already in 'Last Arc,' 60 Million Copies in Print

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Well, there it is. It was going to happen eventually. Get a Rave remake anime going.
TokyoSplash

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Man oh man..

Here it is boys. It's been one helluva ride that's for sure. I've been dreading and in a way avoiding(?) this announcement for the longest time. But in the back of my mind I knew it was coming. No reason to bring the anime back until after the manga is finished.

Going to really enjoy whatever Mashima has in store for us for what's left of the series and I can honestly say, I'll miss Fairy Tail like crazy when it is over. Crying or Very sad
cloud8100

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Sad man it'll be weird without Fairy Tail...

Wonder how long the arc will last for. It's the only manga I'm really reading at the moment.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:25 pm Reply with quote
While this comes as no major surprise to anyone reading week to week this in no way means there's only a few chapters left (Remember how long Bleach and Naruto were in their Final Arcs before they actually really ended, it was months), there's still a good handful of stuff to wrap up and Mashima usually closes his series with a nice little bow.

It'll be weird when it ends, It'll be interesting to see how people react when Fairy Tail isn't around anymore, it gets a lot of undeserved hate but I bet a lot of people will feel the hole once it's not around anymore.

I'm already assuming Mashima will keep going with another series after given how much he likes drawing, personally I'd be interested in seeing him explore more of that Starbiter Satsuki oneshot he did a couple years back.
Blankslate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:34 pm Reply with quote
I love how recklessly Mashima has handled Fairy Tail lol it really feels like he makes things up on the fly like "oh yeah btw we're in the middle of the last arc."
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:48 pm Reply with quote
I've been thinking this for a while now and this isn't really surprising personally saw this coming a mile away. I really haven't enjoyed this arc at all but at this point all im hoping for is Acnologia and August get good fights.

Snakebit1995 wrote:
It'll be weird when it ends, It'll be interesting to see how people react when Fairy Tail isn't around anymore, it gets a lot of undeserved hate but I bet a lot of people will feel the hole once it's not around anymore.

Personally reading ft comments are always a joy for me, at the very least i know ill get a good laugh out of the funny stuff people type. Thats probably the thing ill miss most of all when ft is gone but like they did with naruto and bleach they'll just move on to another series.
Kitsune_Kun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Blankslate wrote:
I love how recklessly Mashima has handled Fairy Tail lol it really feels like he makes things up on the fly like "oh yeah btw we're in the middle of the last arc."

Well it's been pretty obvious that FT is in the final arc for about a year or so now so it's not really that random.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:

I'm already assuming Mashima will keep going with another series after given how much he likes drawing, personally I'd be interested in seeing him explore more of that Starbiter Satsuki oneshot he did a couple years back.

I wouldn't say "undeserved" hate. The manga's been stuck on stupid since the GMG, but yeah I would also like to see more on Starbiter Satsuki.

Makes more the enough sense that this is the final arc: spoiler[The END stuff has been somewhat resolved, Gray and Natsu had their laughable "fight". basically all of the Spriggans are off the table (good riddance), Acnologia's back in play, Natsu is confronting Zeref again, and Erza even got her big "that's impossible how did she do that why do I still read this?" moment.] Basically all the boxes have been checked.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Kinda sad to hear well would be nice if they wrap it up with in the anime too so people arent forced to go and read the manga
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Well that a shame seems like there more he can do with it but maybe the rest of it will get an anime
immblueversion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
I wouldn't say "undeserved" hate. The manga's been stuck on stupid since the GMG, but yeah I would also like to see more on Starbiter Satsuki.

Makes more the enough sense that this is the final arc: spoiler[The END stuff has been somewhat resolved, Gray and Natsu had their laughable "fight". basically all of the Spriggans are off the table (good riddance), Acnologia's back in play, Natsu is confronting Zeref again, and Erza even got her big "that's impossible how did she do that why do I still read this?" moment.] Basically all the boxes have been checked.

I almost feel like I should hate this series for the reasons you listed, and then some. But for the strangest reason, despite all the problems still being there, I started to love this series again. Even the latest chapter, which repeated one of the trends I hated the most about this story arc, was done in a way I can't help but appreciate. spoiler[Like, it was the closest Natsu and Gray have come to acting like living, feeling people in a long, long time. Not gonna argue with the fact that I already knew as soon as the double chapter started that there was no way Mashima was gonna go through with killing Gray. I guess I appreciate the fact it was a double chapter; that way we could get that whole "ZOMG someone's gonna die...not psych lol" BS out of the way faster.]
FlareKnight

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Well no shock that this is the last arc. They are throwing literally everything they've got in terms of plotlines and villains at this thing.

And honestly....probably for the best. This arc has shown the good of Fairy Tail and the bad. It feels like Mashima has plain run out of ideas. When Fairy Tail was at its highest point, it was amazing. But some points of this last arc have screamed "I give up."
SNaGem

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, thank god. Ever since the timeskip, Fairy Tail has been flailing about wildly.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:41 pm Reply with quote
The manga has felt like it was in its last arc for awhile, but it's kinda bittersweet to know it's official now. I love this series, despite some of its obvious flaws, and I'm hoping for a happy ending for everyone. Especially my favorite couples, but that's just the shipper in me. >.>
MadaraSaynora

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:38 am Reply with quote
To be honest Hiro Mashima ruined everything in Fairy Tail. Everything precede Tenrou arc was really good. However since tenrou arc and beyond everything was really bad writing. especially Tataros and the current arc , so many let downs and power up along the way. I'm glad its going to end soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4