• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry Film Teases Original Manga's Climax in Trailer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
valoon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Looks cool but I don't want it to end Sad
Baggie_Saiyan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Has Hiro said anything?
I guess we'll probably end up getting the third series next year then and this is to tide us over?
Interesting to see blood. Then again M1 had blood too.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Has Hiro said anything?
I guess we'll probably end up getting the third series next year then and this is to tide us over?
Interesting to see blood. Then again M1 had blood too.

The second series had blood, too. Not nearly as much compared to the manga, but it was there; some of it was darkened to a reddish brown for the TV broadcast, but is uncut on the DVD, like when Lucy got stabbed in Episode 190.
louis6578

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:34 pm Reply with quote
I stopped watching when the first run of the anime stopped, though I read a lot further, I still gave up after the formulaic routine of the show stopped appealing to me. Of course, hearing that there's blood in the anime is interesting now. I found the lack of it to be hilarious at some scenes, like when Gray was trying to "stop the bleeding of his wound" that didn't exist.
TokyoSplash

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Wow this really hits home considering I haven't watched the anime since the second season ended..

I'm really gonna miss Fairy Tail when it's over boys Sad hopefully Funi brings this west quick.
JokinBoy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:15 pm Reply with quote
valoon wrote:
Looks cool but I don't want it to end Sad

Yeah I know, it's great and we do not want it to E.N.D.
hehehe
SailorNaruto

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Wait, Natsu is turning into a dragon? Is this movie canon? Because I thought the whole point of spoiler[Igneel and the other dragons going into the dragon slayers body's was to prevent them from turning into dragon]. Well part of the reason at least.

That aside, I just got into Fairy Tail and I'm kind of sad it's ending. But I also think the current arc it's in is the perfect arc to wrap up the series in.
SheWolfSmart007

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:20 am Reply with quote
Lol King Animus Clothes design looks like King Arthur Laughing Laughing
Drunk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:09 am Reply with quote
SailorNaruto wrote:
Wait, Natsu is turning into a dragon? Is this movie canon? Because I thought the whole point of spoiler[Igneel and the other dragons going into the dragon slayers body's was to prevent them from turning into dragon]. Well part of the reason at least.

That aside, I just got into Fairy Tail and I'm kind of sad it's ending. But I also think the current arc it's in is the perfect arc to wrap up the series in.

A lot of anime movies are original stories, that have no influence whatsoever on the story of the main work. Basically they can be called "filler". This is almost certainly the case here as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1