• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kakegurui Compulsive Gambler Series Premieres in July, Has 12 Episodes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:09 am Reply with quote
I'm gonna have to pose a question to justin about how the episode numbers are chosen cause I'm getting really heartbroken that all the anime I'm anticipating keeps getting 12-13 episodes.

So blown Mad

edit: Found the article that answered my question. Still blown tho
joe_g7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:27 am Reply with quote
12 episodes eh? Will it be enough? xD
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:29 am Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:
I'm gonna have to pose a question to justin about how the episode numbers are chosen cause I'm getting really heartbroken that all the anime I'm anticipating keeps getting 12-13 episodes.

So blown Mad

Well thats how it works this past years only really big hits will receive 2cour or sequels but else not many are willing to risk more money to make a 2cour unless they are certain that it is worth it.
Will simply have to get used to it all you can do is either wait another year or 2 to see if it gets a new season or simply dig right into the manga or LN if ya know the chances for a sequel are small.
FrozenMoon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:53 am Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
ultimatehaki wrote:

So blown Mad

Well thats how it works this past years only really big hits will receive 2cour or sequels but else not many are willing to risk more money to make a 2cour unless they are certain that it is worth it.
Will simply have to get used to it all you can do is either wait another year or 2 to see if it gets a new season or simply dig right into the manga or LN if ya know the chances for a sequel are small.

12 episodes should cover most of the material that's in the manga so far ya, hopefully we'll get a season 2 down the road if it does well.
Also I think you're normally correct here, but Rage Of Bahamut didn't do super hot in sales and we're getting a 24 episode season 2. I know that's kind of the exception, but I mention it because MAPPA are making both anime.
Dandylion

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:32 pm Reply with quote
FrozenMoon wrote:

12 episodes should cover most of the material that's in the manga so far ya, hopefully we'll get a season 2 down the road if it does well.
Also I think you're normally correct here, but Rage Of Bahamut didn't do super hot in sales and we're getting a 24 episode season 2. I know that's kind of the exception, but I mention it because MAPPA are making both anime.

Big money from Cygames ... That's the answer ...

Unfortunately, I've always feared it wouldn't be a "complete adaptation" ... Oh well ... We'll see Confused
FrozenMoon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Dandylion wrote:
Unfortunately, I've always feared it wouldn't be a "complete adaptation" ... Oh well ... We'll see Confused

Ya good point Cygames does have a rather large pile of cash. Also I understand the sentiment about a complete adaption, but I'm not certain if even the current manga arc will be over by the time the anime airs. I do hope once the manga completely concludes that we'll see all the material adapted into an Anime, unlikely I know but I can dream right?
Dandylion

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:14 pm Reply with quote
FrozenMoon wrote:
Dandylion wrote:

Ya good point Cygames does have a rather large pile of cash. Also I understand the sentiment about a complete adaption, but I'm not certain if even the current manga arc will be over by the time the anime airs. I do hope once the manga completely concludes that we'll see all the material adapted into an Anime, unlikely I know but I can dream right?

Let's dream together !!! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1