• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Game! Anime Season 2 Reveals July Debut, Cast, Staff, Visual

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:23 am Reply with quote
Wasn't expecting this to come out this soon.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:47 am Reply with quote
So excited for more New Game. I recognize most characters from the manga, but I'm not sure who those two girls on the one bear are (The girls with black and pink hair)
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:18 pm Reply with quote
An exclamation mark? You have the second season of a series called "New Game" and your best idea for the name is to add an extra exclamation mark?
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Awesome this makes summer season already more great
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Yuvelir wrote:
An exclamation mark? You have the second season of a series called "New Game" and your best idea for the name is to add an extra exclamation mark?

K-On! did it before. Working!!/Wagnaria!! did it before. Dog Days did it too, except with dashes.
IceKirby

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Quite sure the site already mentioned a july debut during the April Fools version, but since it was April Fools it wasn't exactly credible.
Blanchimont wrote:
Yuvelir wrote:

K-On! did it before. Working!!/Wagnaria!! did it before. Dog Days did it too, except with dashes.

Let's not forget about OreImo with a dot.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Yuvelir wrote:

Exactly! That's the problrm! They went for the most generic option instead of adding that tiny word/symbol that games add to the "new game" option after beating it once.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Yuvelir wrote:
Blanchimont wrote:
Yuvelir wrote:

Exactly! That's the problrm! They went for the most generic option instead of adding that tiny word/symbol that games add to the "new game" option after beating it once.

Agreed. They could have at leas called it "New Game+!" or something.
Mc-Taz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:00 pm Reply with quote
If it makes you feel better, the exclamation marks have pluses on them. To be honest the + before the exclamation mark would seem out of place. It looks awkward. After it might be better, but it's still a little odd. Other series have gone the "Plus" in word form route as well. I don't think the decision here for the logo was a bad one. Either way, I'm just looking forward to season 2, and I couldn't care less what they call it.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:03 pm Reply with quote
I see a lot fo people suggesting a + , but it's kind of dumb as the + suggest a redo/remake and that is not what we are getting.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Mc-Taz wrote:
If it makes you feel better, the exclamation marks have pluses on them.

Yeah, though this is the case with the original season's logo. I suppose that's another reason it would be awkward to call it "New Game+", when the title had a plus sign in it to begin with.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Symphogear AXZ, NTR Yuri, and now this. Summer just keeps getting better and better.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:08 pm Reply with quote
If the + was a problem because of the exclamation, they could always verbalize it. new Game! Plus would be just fine.

maximilianjenus wrote:
I see a lot fo people suggesting a + , but it's kind of dumb as the + suggest a redo/remake and that is not what we are getting.

Nobody reads that deep into S2 monickers. Heck, we're just about to get a S2 marked with a ♭ in a show mostly unrelated to music.
In the case of New Game it would just be a game reference that is both fitting for its purpose and satisfying to see fulfilled.
Rob49152

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:32 pm Reply with quote
being about game developers it should have been
newGame++;

Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1