• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Reborn! Gets Tie-In Events, Blu-ray Box Sets, Compilation CD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:28 pm Reply with quote
It'd make more sense to say approximately 13 years ago since the manga started later this month.
dark13

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Code Geass 10th anniversary gets a blue ray box and a new anime

Fullmetal panic 15th anniversary also gets a Blu ray box and a new anime

Hitman reborn 10th anniversary gets a Blu ray box and no anime -_-

what is the point with this anniversary ? is this some kinda sick joke or big fudge you to the fans ? because no matter how you slice it this anniversary doesn't need to happen even more so when the anniversary is about the anime which ended a long time ago( and that not adding the manga ended 3 years ago) all this dose is just piss Reborn fans off.
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:07 pm Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:

what is the point with this anniversary ? is this some kinda sick joke or big fudge you to the fans ? because no matter how you slice it this anniversary doesn't need to happen even more so when the anniversary is about the anime which ended a long time ago( and that not adding the manga ended 3 years ago) all this dose is just piss Reborn fans off.

I haven't seen reborn! but I would guess that if elDLIVE and this Blu-Ray box sell well you may get your season 2.
tintor2

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:08 pm Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:

Well, it's not like the final arc was to be enjoyed by everybody. Almost all its fights were rushed or anticlimatic. I can't tell if the final fight was more rushed than Bleach's final fight
crazieanimefan1

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Reborn needs to come to the US on DVD...heck, we never got a release.
DarkRoseFairy

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:47 pm Reply with quote
I would love to get those postcards and I agree with crazieanimefan1 about the show getting a dvd release here. There almost no chance though with it being 200 ep and Viz never finish releasing the manga Crying or Very sad
Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:01 am Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:

Well, it's not like the final arc was to be enjoyed by everybody. Almost all its fights were rushed or anticlimatic. I can't tell if the final fight was more rushed than Bleach's final fight

I think Reborn fell victim to the same issue as Bleach, where the manga's popularity fell sharply over time and eventually Jump demanded the creator wrap the story up quickly.

Also like Bleach, an exhaustingly long story arc (in Reborn's case, the Future Arc) forced the anime to produce lots of filler which ended up killing its popularity, so the last few arcs were never animated. It's a shame, since the Inheritance Arc was actually a pretty big improvement.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
tintor2 wrote:

I think Reborn fell victim to the same issue as Bleach, where the manga's popularity fell sharply over time and eventually Jump demanded the creator wrap the story up quickly.

Also like Bleach, an exhaustingly long story arc (in Reborn's case, the Future Arc) forced the anime to produce lots of filler which ended up killing its popularity, so the last few arcs were never animated. It's a shame, since the Inheritance Arc was actually a pretty big improvement.

Well sure minus the fact it initially made the gains Tsuna and his friends obtained during the future arc worthless by having Tsuna and co get their asses handed to them at the outset of the arc.
Nico_Astray

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 4:55 pm Reply with quote
What happened after the future arc made no real sense whatsoever, but an adaption of the shimon-arc would still be nice. That one at least had some story-elements and nice fights.
If they hadn't thrown the power in the mixers in the last arc it would have been far more enjoyable, but it still had some great moments. Far better than the last arc of Bleach.
Tylerr

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:02 am Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
tintor2 wrote:

Na the future arc was the best of the series.

the ending is what i hate in an anime, where nothing changes and its all back to where it started.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1