• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of May 13-19 [2017-05-24]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:32 pm Reply with quote
AOT's Episode 7 did great, as it deserve all kinds of praise it gets.

Although I really REALLY worry about next week's ranking though, since a set-up and character development episode might upset some action-savy audience.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:38 pm Reply with quote
In the cumulative it is surprising for me to see the Eccentric Family 2 at top. It is a quality show (albeit not as good as season one), but I did not expect it to still have that amount of interest from fans. Attack on Titan continues to be the best of the season, and I am pleased to see that it is climbing up in the cumulative.

And now that the cumulative top 10 has solidified, I agree that 9 (I am not watching Kado) of those titles deserve to be in the upper echelon.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Nobody expected the titans to be felled by tanuki

I did. By this point in the season, the people who are still watching and rating Eccentric Family are fans. I'd imagine that very few people are "hate watching" that show.

Attack on Titan is much more of a "water cooler" show, though, which means that there are plenty of people who are watching it just to keep up with social media conversations, rather than watching it because they actually like it. With that in mind, I'm actually surprised its still holding onto the #2 spot.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:27 pm Reply with quote
What I'm surprised by is Natsume going down in both the weekly and cumulative ranks. I don't think anyone is watching that isn't a fan already, and the last season was a serious contender for first in a season with plenty of competition. It did have a relatively weak fifth episode, but I never expected Titan to overtake it with how it had held the top spot for so long.
SailorNaruto

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Aw. I wish Boruto was a little higher
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1