• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Indicates Plans to Release Doujin Work

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Proz512

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:31 pm Reply with quote
It would probably be a two disc release since its only 12 12 minute episodes and over third of it is just the opening and closing. Jus-tice!
ShinigamTakuto

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:04 pm Reply with quote
There is also 2nd half to those episode which none of the subbers picked up which featured Momoko Saitou (Tsuyuri) and Kimiko Koyama (Sora) on a journey to make their own doujin. I don't know they would also release that part.
Paploo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:42 pm Reply with quote
The AonDVD post also indicated it's being dubbed..... I'm guessing the live action segments will be included, since they're probably part of the license for the show [I wonder if MB will include them as part of the feature, or have them in the Extras section?]

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=ZMBZ-3611 The live action segments are included in the Japanese version of the DVD, so I'm assuming MB has them.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:46 pm Reply with quote
I'd prefer they get Zebraman and the subbed Voltron out already.
Sarkozy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:50 pm Reply with quote
It's great to see Genshiken 2 being brought over, but that's kinda been a given since the anime was announced. Genshiken sold very well for Media Blasters from what I've head. I'm glad and hoping that they'll keep dub continuity, which I'm sure they will - after all, the dub is what gave Genshiken some charm.

I'll probably buy Kujibiki Unbalance as well, for the Genshiken OVA partly. I'd mostly continue to support Media Blasters as I have been.

Doujin Work looks like another otaku-centric show, so I'll probably buy that as well, just because it'd be nice. The dub included is a nice bonus.

Glad to see they haven't totally given up on dubs. Only series that could financially warrant a dub are getting them.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:40 am Reply with quote
Cool, Doujin Work was pretty entertaining...it's like Comic Party, only without the occasional seriousness or the thinly veiled "based on ero-game" elements. It is very otaku-centric, playing up the "female otaku" theme that worked so well in Lucky * Star, only the main character in Doujin Work is semi-reluctantly dragged into the seedy world of doujin and ero-games.
bleuster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:10 am Reply with quote
Doujin Work was a riot. It pretty much cut out the filler and details from the other shows that focus on otaku culture and just takes a very light hearted approach.
The main character actually reminds me of Miki from Ramen Fighter, in looks and attitude.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ryusui

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:35 am Reply with quote
And where, might I ask, is the second half of GaoGaiGar?
hentai4me

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:11 am Reply with quote
Amazing!

Doujin Work was a series I really enjoyed but thought never had a chance of a license. Put everything else on hold to get it done!

Now all I need is someone to pick up Hidamari and Sketchbook FC...
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:07 am Reply with quote
Ryusui wrote:
And where, might I ask, is the second half of GaoGaiGar?
I heard it's going to be sub-only Sad
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:28 am Reply with quote
FINALLY! Something for them to dub for once!
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:56 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
They said awhile back that they'd be dubbing Ikkitousen Dragon Destiny, so that's another one we can look forward to. After all, that one will probably sell well to the "casual perv" audience Evil or Very Mad
-gecko-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
FireChick wrote:
They said awhile back that they'd be dubbing Ikkitousen Dragon Destiny, so that's another one we can look forward to. After all, that one will probably sell well to the "casual perv" audience Evil or Very Mad

C'mon! You're a mod now; you're supposed to say "fanservice oriented" audience. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
calawain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:46 pm Reply with quote
The first handful of episodes of Doujin Work were good, but the last half of the series was pretty bad imo. They shied way from the stronger characters of Justice and Tsuyuri and into the annoying people who's names I don't recall. Genshiken 2 is great, it's one of the shows I'm blogging this season. I'm looking forward to a DVD release so I can put it next to my box of the first season =)
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:08 pm Reply with quote
calawain wrote:
The first handful of episodes of Doujin Work were good, but the last half of the series was pretty bad imo. They shied way from the stronger characters of Justice and Tsuyuri and into the annoying people who's names I don't recall.

I don't think the second half was bad, but it was definitely weaker than the first half. I'd say the first half was pretty good and the latter portion was mediocre.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1