• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Atlus Unveils Persona 3, Persona 5 Dancing Games, Persona Q2

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Don't know if you'll be in the mood for dancing after the ending of Persona 3, sorry.
Aerodynamic41

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Persona 5 Arena and Persona 5 Crimson next.
DigitalScratch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Curse you Atluuuuuuuuuuuus!! For the past year I was joking with my friends about them making Dancing All Night versions of P3 and P5, and of course Atlus didn't fail us.

I'm legit excited though xD I can't wait for whatever ridiculous set up they can come up with this time to justify the dancing.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Codeanime93 wrote:
Don't know if you'll be in the mood for dancing after the ending of Persona 3, sorry.

... yeah

... i mean seriously why?

regardless I hope these aren't canon.
Presona Q was the most difficult spin off to get into that I've ever played.
probably should just find a 'lets play' of it
HeroCrests

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:13 pm Reply with quote
PQ's playstyle was incredibly fun, if I'm honest, but the writting... Let's just say I hated it so much that I dropped the game in the middle of the story and rushed to sell it to the first person possible. I truly hate sounding this dramatic, but it genuinely depressed me how awful the "comedy" on it was.

Not exactly thrilled at the prospect of these announcements, but what I hate the most about these spin offs is Atuls' insistence to somehow make them all canon one way or the other. Look, it's okay to have dumb fun games to cash in or fill in time, you don't need to justify their existence in the middle of the more serious entries when they don't have anything to add (PQ's story being rendered useless via memory erasing, and p4d, well, You Know,).

If they just went and did the fighting/dancing/fishing/bejeweld games that are absolutely to have silly good fun, go ahead! I ceirtantly won't be interested and will go back to replaying the first two games, but you absolutely don't need to forcefully make it canon, and I dread what they'll try to do with p3d in that aspect.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:18 pm Reply with quote
HeroCrests wrote:
PQ's playstyle was incredibly fun, if I'm honest, but the writting... Let's just say I hated it so much that I dropped the game in the middle of the story and rushed to sell it to the first person possible. I truly hate sounding this dramatic, but it genuinely depressed me how awful the "comedy" on it was.

I was looking for answers about Persona Q's writing and your post explained it for me. Thank you.

This article kind of breaks my heart since I haven't gotten around to playing Persona 5. Now I'm also saving up to play Dragon Quest XI too.
DRWii

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Only problem I have with that P3D teaser is the lack of Mitsuru. Wink

Can't say I'm too excited for the story modes. I liked P4D's story, but it was also easier to go from P4 to that. But hey, as long as the story doesn't feel like a slap in the face (*cough*Apocalypse*cough*), they should be fun.

Calsolum wrote:

Every other spin-off was canon, so don't hold your breath. These are probably both going to be side stories were the characters get trapped somewhere and come back with no memories of what happened anyway, so it's not like they're going to effect anything.

EDIT: Also, it's disappointing that all they showed of PQ2 was a logo and a silhouette. Hopefully they'll actually show the game at TGS.

Last edited by DRWii on Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
Codeanime93 wrote:

... yeah

Presona Q was the most difficult spin off to get into that I've ever played.
probably should just find a 'lets play' of it

Of course what Persona 3 needed always was a lighthearted dancing game to it. At least Persona 4 and 5's endings sort of warrant one. I'd probably bust a gut though seeing Shinjiro trying to bust a move on the dance floor. And it'll probably be hilarious watching Ken Amada or annoyingly cringe, take your pick.
se37

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, all the spin off stuff is one reason I left the Persona series all together. The main games are great on their own but all of this spin off stuff with the game characters and the writing really turned me off. Guess I'll just wait another 10 years for Persona 6 or the re-release of 5 on another system.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
GhostStalkerSA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
Codeanime93 wrote:

... yeah

From the preview, it looked like the P3 game is taking place in the middle of the game, seeing as how all the characters shown are still in their Gekkouan uniforms dancing at Paulomina Mall, not their appearance from P4U instead. Besides, Paulomina had a karaoke booth, why couldn't SEES dance there as well?

Also, the theme of P3 was living your life to the fullest, even with the specter of death literally hanging over you. This seems to fit that.

Love the naming scheme, despite how much people in the P5 community joked about an as of then unannounced P5 dancing game as Dancing all Evening (even if Morgana tells you to to go sleep instead). I guess Akira managed to shake the cat and go Dancing Star Night instead.

Too bad I don't have a PS4. Maybe I'll be able to afford one when this game is actually out. The milking of P5 by Atlus has begun, but good to see they're looking to expand P3 as well, looking at how much they did it to P4. I'm not complaining about it though. They just announced the P5 anime on Sunday too, pace yourself Atlus!
theNightster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:12 pm Reply with quote
I hope the Persona 1 and 2 cast are included in Q2. Ah who am I kidding this is Atlus we're talking about, to them 3 was the first game :p
RitsuLaw

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:46 pm Reply with quote
I actually liked P4 Dancing all night, the remixes were lit. I hope P3D gets at least a DLC with Minako, Wiping all Out is one of the best battle themes ever, and having Minato dancing to it just woudn't feel right. Also, spoiler[Atlus please stop excluding Akechi from things, if Adachi was in P4D, then there's no excuse for him to not be in P5D.]
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:18 pm Reply with quote
DRWii wrote:
Can't say I'm too excited for the story modes. I liked P4D's story, but it was also easier to go from P4 to that. But hey, as long as the story doesn't feel like a slap in the face (*cough*Apocalypse*cough*), they should be fun.

How was Final's story a slap in the face?

se37 wrote:
Yeah, all the spin off stuff is one reason I left the Persona series all together. The main games are great on their own but all of this spin off stuff with the game characters and the writing really turned me off. Guess I'll just wait another 10 years for Persona 6 or the re-release of 5 on another system.

Confused if the spin-offs caused you to leave the series......why are you pining for 6 or a rerelease of 5?

GhostStalkerSA wrote:

Love the naming scheme, despite how much people in the P5 community joked about an as of then unannounced P5 dancing game as Dancing all Evening

Which would be strange since unlike 3 and 4 in 5 you only go into the dungeons during the day (even though some of them take place during the day).

RitsuLaw wrote:
spoiler[Atlus please stop excluding Akechi from things, if Adachi was in P4D, then there's no excuse for him to not be in P5D.]

spoiler[
Well aside from Akechi's fate being left ambiguous at the end of 5 whereas Adachi was very much alive at the end of 4 and would potentially cheapen the character's fate. Also unlike Adachi Akechi did ind of kill people.]
The Count

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:50 pm Reply with quote
se37 wrote:
Yep I agree. Atlus shows they can do amazing things such as the main line Persona games or Cathrine, but nope what do they do. They put a Perona paint job over games that people could already play, and everyone loses their freakin mind. I wish I could get an HD Persona 3 then a new main Persona game or new franchise all together, but that isn't happening anytime soon.
harminia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:13 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
I hope the Persona 1 and 2 cast are included in Q2. Ah who am I kidding this is Atlus we're talking about, to them 3 was the first game :p

Will we never get to see Brown and Masao and Eikichi and Maya hitting the dance floor....
damn it, I want to see Nanjo throw out some slick moves and Tatsuya do motor bike riding dances.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3