• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Children of the Whales Anime's Video Reveals Theme Song Artists, October 8 Debut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Araragifeels

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:24 am Reply with quote
Damn, I really hate Netflix. I was expecting Crunchyroll/Funimation to get this but now I have to until the show is finished to watch it.
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:54 am Reply with quote
Wait, Netflix has this? This was one of my more anticipated series for Fall (along with Kino's Journey and Ancient Magus Bride). I know next to nothing about the source material, but the aesthetic looks interesting, and the first trailer definitely captured my attention. It's a shame I'm going to have to wait until January.

At least its not going to Amazon though. For me, the less they get, the better.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:12 am Reply with quote
It's been known for a long time it's going to Netflix.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:15 am Reply with quote
"Netflix" and "anime" don't belong in the same sentence when it comes to simulcasting.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:06 am Reply with quote
Araragifeels wrote:
Damn, I really hate Netflix. I was expecting Crunchyroll/Funimation to get this but now I have to until the show is finished to watch it.

Others like me will be watching it soonish after it airs. Unless no-one subs it which I very much doubt with a title of this caliber. Unless of course Netflix Japan provides English subs in their streams in which case it will be straight rips instead...
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:09 am Reply with quote
This shows looks really good. I'll definitely watch it once Netflix put it up. With a dub most likely too, which is really nice.

It's not like the fall is lacking great shows anyway.
xMemorie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:47 am Reply with quote
Absolutly terrible voice actor choices.
Mhora

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:47 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
"Netflix" and "anime" don't belong in the same sentence when it comes to simulcasting.

Cry babies. Be happy it will get a release at all. I thought people looooved the binge format. See how that blew up in ur faces. Translation and the overall product might be better when they wait for it all to be animated before release in the west. Now u have something to look forward to. You are part of a niché hobby, remember that. This site is a bubble for fans. Get real.
fantaselion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:01 am Reply with quote
Mhora wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:

Cry babies. Be happy it will get a release at all. I thought people looooved the binge format. See how that blew up in ur faces. Translation and the overall product might be better when they wait for it all to be animated before release in the west. Now u have something to look forward to. You are part of a niché hobby, remember that. This site is a bubble for fans. Get real.

I was waiting for the troll to show up Anime hyper.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:21 pm Reply with quote
fantaselion, thanks for defending me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1