• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: DARLING in the FRANKXX Anime Reveals Woman-Shaped Robot in New Teaser

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:48 am Reply with quote
Not going to lie, that key visual looks awesome.

Anyone else familiar with the composer? The music sounds familiar...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Why am I seeing two titles, DARLING in the FrankXX and DARLING in the FranXX? "Trigger and A-1 Pictures Presents DARLING in FranXX... which is the name of the machine... which is FranXX"

And I throw up my hands in utter confusion.

A mech with breasts because... that's a thing we need.
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:05 pm Reply with quote
FRANXX, with her large shoulder pads and grey and yellow color scheme, looks like a Mecha Musume of Gunbuster, and since trigger is made of former gainax people, it fits.

Animegomaniac wrote:
Why am I seeing two titles, DARLING in the FrankXX and DARLING in the FranXX? "Trigger and A-1 Pictures Presents DARLING in FranXX... which is the name of the machine... which is FranXX"

You've never heard of the Mecha Musume trend, have you.

Plus, gurren lagann already had that in Lagann hen with Yoko's Mecha that shoots breast misses, and Mazinger Z had that as well, and it was the first true Super Robot.

So it's nothing new.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:30 pm Reply with quote
So we got ourselves a giant robot show where the robots are all female-looking. Sweet!

And is it safe to say both the guy and girl protagonists pilots these robots? Or the girl becomes a giant robot and the guy pilots her?

Last edited by darkchibi07 on Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Finally, we get a show where Mamoru Nagano-style mecha designs and Mamoru Nagano-style character designs get merged into a single body!
Axbox360

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:55 pm Reply with quote
AsuraTheDestructor wrote:
FRANXX, with her large shoulder pads and grey and yellow color scheme, looks like a Mecha Musume of Gunbuster, and since trigger is made of former gainax people, it fits.

Animegomaniac wrote:

Plus, gurren lagann already had that in Lagann hen with Yoko's Mecha that shoots breast misses, and Mazinger Z had that as well, and it was the first true Super Robot.

So it's nothing new.

The mecha looks more like this

^This down here

Wink
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:05 pm Reply with quote
The designs and that music, getting me hyped!
青白

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Not going to lie, that key visual looks awesome.

Anyone else familiar with the composer? The music sounds familiar...

Don't you realize it!? It is Sawano Hiroyuki in da HOUZ!
SkerllyFC07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Get ready, because is either this or Promare which will be picked up by Netflix. And after LWA, that has to be obvious. You hope not but it will happen. And that´s not a curse, understand it. Maybe they release it in 3 moths worldwide like their picks for Fall 2017 and Winter 2018 instead of 6-8 months
FackuIkari

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Is that Sawano?
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:

I expect that these inconsistencies will all be resolved in due time, quite 'franXly'...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Axbox360 wrote:

Animegomaniac wrote:

So it's nothing new.

[Picture of STAR DRIVER's Tauburn]

Could potentially be a mix of both. Personally, just hope its way better than STAR DRIVER. But even as a "non-admirer" of the series, it looks a little too much like SD's title mecha for comfort (barring a connection). That said, I'm always down for more female mecha and, especially, more female pilots (although a male lead co-/piloting one, like here, I'm supposing, would certainly be something and "different").
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
harminia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:44 pm Reply with quote
青白 wrote:
Don't you realize it!? It is Sawano Hiroyuki in da HOUZ!

The song was giving me total Guilty Crown vibes so I had a feeling it had to be Sawano.

Anyway, oh boy, robo boobies. my fave
Wrangler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:48 am Reply with quote
Axbox360 wrote:

Animegomaniac wrote:

So it's nothing new.

^This down here

Wink

AH! That's what was bothering me when i looked at the key art, it's Star Driver!

I was just recently re-watching that series. Lord do i miss that show. I just hope this show has bit more substance than the flash their showing off with the graphics. I know scifi and mecha is hard thing to sell these days in Japan.

Any Date Attached to this? 2018 Fall or something?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1