• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Phantasy Star Online 2 Gets Switch Version in Japan in 2018

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:49 am Reply with quote
And yet Sega still won't localize it in the West. Mad
Gundam0084

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:51 am Reply with quote
Indeed. What a travesty.
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:31 pm Reply with quote
How long will they keep on twisting this knife?
OtakunX

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Kimiko_0 wrote:

As someone who plays PSO2 in English this is laughable. There is no IP block and the PC version has an almost 100% english patch with a strong ENG community on Ship 2. There is no excuse for english speakers to play it outside of their own fear of being banned despite foreigners have been playing since day 1. You can even play the game on PS4 and Vita if you don't need the translation patch though I don't recommend it. The PC version is just way better.
nhat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:51 pm Reply with quote
R315r4z0r wrote:
nhat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:53 pm Reply with quote
OtakunX wrote:
Kimiko_0 wrote:

As someone who plays PSO2 in English this is laughable. There is no IP block and the PC version has an almost 100% english patch with a strong ENG community on Ship 2. There is no excuse for english speakers to play it outside of their own fear of being banned despite foreigners have been playing since day 1. You can even play the game on PS4 and Vita if you don't need the translation patch though I don't recommend it. The PC version is just way better.

It's far from 100%. It's missing a lot of text and character speech. I tried it throughout the years and pretty disappointed each time I tried the patch
OtakunX

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:56 am Reply with quote
nhat wrote:
OtakunX wrote:
Kimiko_0 wrote:

It's far from 100%. It's missing a lot of text and character speech. I tried it throughout the years and pretty disappointed each time I tried the patch

Hardly anything that hinders you from playing the game. It's constantly updated bi weekly which is far better then any other translation for a foreign MMO I know of.
Primus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:33 am Reply with quote
R315r4z0r wrote:

I think it's well past time you guys move on already. The game is how many years old now? Do you really think Sega is going to translate the literal years worth of backlogged material?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1