• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Licenses If It's for My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TUSF

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Neat, so it seems Seven Seas and J-Novel are really sharing series like this? Then I'm hoping J-Novel picks up Mushoku Tensei's LN, which Seven Seas has the manga to.
Sakura-Alchemist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:24 pm Reply with quote
The description made me laugh because my name is Dale. So I've become a famed adventure now lol. (But to my dismay why is Dale always used as a boys named, or why did my mom name her daughter Dale.) Honestly I'm considering getting this just for the amusement of same name.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:08 pm Reply with quote
I've been reading this novel with J-novel club, and I absolutely adore it. It's on Kindle if anyone is interested. I wasn't aware there was a manga adaptation, so I might try it out.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:53 am Reply with quote
I wonder why Seven Seas has been going on a manga licensing spree this past week, especially this time of year. That is, normally I would expect this many licensing announcements during a con.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:26 am Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
I've been reading this novel with J-novel club, and I absolutely adore it. It's on Kindle if anyone is interested. I wasn't aware there was a manga adaptation, so I might try it out.

Another jnovel reader of it here, the story is good and the art included is absolutely adorable. Smile I have been following the scanlations of the manga(up to chapter 13), and will definitely get the official version once it appears on the online retailer I frequent.

Concerning the story I hope you're aware of what you're getting into as the first few volumes may be a bit misleading spoiler[it's more or less a fantasy version of Usagi Drop].
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:51 am Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Concerning the story I hope you're aware of what you're getting into as the first few volumes may be a bit misleading spoiler[it's more or less a fantasy version of Usagi Drop].

Pre or post time skip? Cause if it's post, I'll pass on this series.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:27 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:

No time-skip in this one, but if you by post mean spoiler[they get into a relationship], then yes, post.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:52 am Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Ali07 wrote:

No time-skip in this one, but if you by post mean spoiler[they get into a relationship], then yes, post.

Well crap. I read it when it comes out every Tuesday, and the last couple of chapters in the third volume have been hinting to that, but I was hoping it wouldn't go that route. Honestly that doesn't even make much sense since Latina knows she's gonna live hundreds of years longer than Dale, so I'm interested how that will resolve. I'll still read it to the end, but thanks for the warning Crying or Very sad
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
LegitPancake wrote:

Another jnovel reader of it here, the story is good and the art included is absolutely adorable. Smile I have been following the scanlations of the manga(up to chapter 13), and will definitely get the official version once it appears on the online retailer I frequent.

Personally, my issue spoiler[with Usagi Drop wasn't that it did an adopted child/adoptive parent relationship. It's that it did it catastrophically badly. Unless it does it nearly as terribly, I don't think it'll leave a sour taste in my mouth.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1