• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 1st Fate/stay night Heaven's Feel Film's Trailer Previews Aimer's Song

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yazu13

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:05 pm Reply with quote
First thing that popped out is this looks freaking gorgeous. Now I just hope the story is actually good. The last two Fate/Stay Night animes were either completely awful or dropped the ball hard. I trust Ufotable still has talent besides gifted animators, so I hope they actually make the story worthwhile too.
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Yazu13 wrote:
First thing that popped out is this looks freaking gorgeous. Now I just hope the story is actually good. The last two Fate/Stay Night animes were either completely awful or dropped the ball hard. I trust Ufotable still has talent besides gifted animators, so I hope they actually make the story worthwhile too.

They're not making the story. This an adaptation of a the final route from Fate/stay night Visual Novel from 2004 -.-'
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Best arc, best girl.

Well at the very least it should turn out better than ufotable's UBW since there's no time they need to excessively stretch things out for, and they don't need to cram it all into one movie like DEEN's UBW.
Bacon_Boi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Love the Fate/ series. This is my favorite route from the spectacular visual novel! Extremely powerful and heavily emotional moments are bountiful in Heaven's Feel. I just hope they don't censor the more graphic scenes TOO much in these movies. The story is dark but those scenes are very important for the characters and the story as a whole.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Bacon_Boi wrote:
I just hope they don't censor the more graphic scenes TOO much in these movies. The story is dark but those scenes are very important for the characters and the story as a whole.

They won't. Theatrical films don't need to be censored as much as TV shows and they kept lots of the dark elements of Kara no Kyoukai in.
Bacon_Boi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Bacon_Boi wrote:
I just hope they don't censor the more graphic scenes TOO much in these movies. The story is dark but those scenes are very important for the characters and the story as a whole.

They won't. Theatrical films don't need to be censored as much as TV shows and they kept lots of the dark elements of Kara no Kyoukai in.

I'll be hoping your right
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Bacon_Boi wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:
Bacon_Boi wrote:

I'll be hoping your right

Kara no Kyoukai, which was make by ufotable + TYPE Moon also had spoiler[Graphic Rape] as the intro scene of one of the Movies.

PS: The narrator at the start of this PV was Yuki Kajiura. :3
kotelo_

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:55 pm Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:

Her voices don't even sound alike. Don't believe in reddit.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:01 pm Reply with quote
kotelo_ wrote:
AksaraKishou wrote:

Reddit was telling me it was Young Shiro, so yeah, not from reddit.
Eddy564

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:10 pm Reply with quote
I’m expecting wonderful things from this movie series considering how embraced this route is within the Fate community.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm immensely excited don't me wrong, but just wait until the trilogy is done and I can sit back and laugh at the toxic fanbase having a cow over whatever got cut from all three movies. Then the hype backlash will ensue and the Sixth Holy Grail War will begin between VN elitists and anime only fans.

And if you're wondering why I am mean to this fanbase despite being a fan myself, most of my interactions with them have been AWFUL!

I'm really hoping they put AIMER's new song on US iTunes!
Slashman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Yazu13 wrote:

What are you talking about? Who were all the people who thought Fate Zero or UBW were awful besides the ANN reviewers who have some weird bias against the series in the first place?
Calsolum

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Slashman wrote:
Yazu13 wrote:

What are you talking about? Who were all the people who thought Fate Zero or UBW were awful besides the ANN reviewers who have some weird bias against the series in the first place?

Lets try not to dredge up old scars.
While the reviews that I've read here were rather... strong they weren't ever without reason or baseless, it's just that a lot of fans loudly disagreed.
Some a bit more unkindly than others. I remember that I was one of the commenters that disagreed, I only hoped it was in a more civilized manner and I dare not check the archives in case I wasn't.

That said I've probably seen like every iteration of this trailer and linked it to my friends who are probably getting tired since they're casual fans and didn't enjoy the other versions of fate as much as they did zero. Now if only I can get them to give oath under snow a chance
Tensai GinAce

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Any news about a Canadian screening ?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:14 pm Reply with quote
kotelo_ wrote:
AksaraKishou wrote:

As a professional type moon fan, I can responsibly tell you that narrator is Honda Takako who voice Aozaki Touko from Kara No Kyoukai.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2