• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition Game Ships for PS4 on January 16

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Sasuga Capcom.
Your po-po-po-po-port and re-re-re-re-re-release money-making strategies never cease to amaze me

And by the way, this edition is coming to PC as well.
Nionel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:50 pm Reply with quote
It's incredible to me that, in 2017, an Arcade mode in a fighting game is an advertised feature. That's something that's been a standard feature in most fighting games for more than twenty years...
Watanabefan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Nionel wrote:
It's incredible to me that, in 2017, an Arcade mode in a fighting game is an advertised feature. That's something that's been a standard feature in most fighting games for more than twenty years...

Blame the success of Injustice and Mortal Kombat X. Now everyone wants their centerpiece to be a cinematic story mode, even when it's not actually good (*Cough* Marvel vs. Capcom *Cough*).
nhat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Watanabefan wrote:
Nionel wrote:

Blame the success of Injustice and Mortal Kombat X. Now everyone wants their centerpiece to be a cinematic story mode, even when it's not actually good (*Cough* Marvel vs. Capcom *Cough*).

Yup pretty much.
IanC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Didn't they say there wouldn't be any re-release/updated editions? Oh Crapcom
kondeelai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:15 pm Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
Sasuga Capcom.
Your po-po-po-po-port and re-re-re-re-re-release money-making strategies never cease to amaze me

And by the way, this edition is coming to PC as well.

IanC wrote:

Yes, because releasing this as a free update to owners is a bad thing. How dare they.

I honestly can't fathom how all of you guys that actually read the article (it's obvious most of you guys didn't) can see this as a bad thing.

I guess people do love complaining huh?
nhat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:23 am Reply with quote
IanC wrote:

Seriously please read up on the original announcement before making ignorant statements. The base game will be updated so you'll never have to buy another version
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:07 am Reply with quote
kondeelai wrote:
Yes, because releasing this as a free update to owners is a bad thing. How dare they.

I honestly can't fathom how all of you guys that actually read the article (it's obvious most of you guys didn't) can see this as a bad thing.

nhat wrote:
IanC wrote:

Seriously please read up on the original announcement before making ignorant statements. The base game will be updated so you'll never have to buy another version

You guys do not understand the whole thing. If you only purchase the base game and have it updated, you will still have to unlock the DLC characters and costumes. You can either grind your way or pay with real money to unlock them. If you are very good, you can go for the former which is the hard way. If you want everything to be unlocked from the get-go, you can go for the latter which is the easy way. Either way, you will get other new content (modes, balancing, etc.) for free. It is all up to you if you want the very best out of this game.
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:06 am Reply with quote
I wonder if they'll release more of the classic BGM packs & redesigned classic stages that have come out recently now that we know about the new Arcade mode covering more than just Street Fighter II?

As someone who owns the Season 1 & 2 passes (was reluctant on the latter but went for it before PSN's sales tax started), I'm glad that this new update is free and not like with Street Fighter IV where you had to pay multiple times, no matter if it was for 3 new discs (Super, Arcade Edition & Ultra on PS3) or 1 new disc (Super) & 2 digital updates, to have the latest version so there's no real need to pay for a second disc this time and I look forward to the season 3 pass if some of the rumored characters included there are true.
nhat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:42 am Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
kondeelai wrote:

nhat wrote:
IanC wrote:

You guys do not understand the whole thing. If you only purchase the base game and have it updated, you will still have to unlock the DLC characters and costumes. You can either grind your way or pay with real money to unlock them. If you are very good, you can go for the former which is the hard way. If you want everything to be unlocked from the get-go, you can go for the latter which is the easy way. Either way, you will get other new content (modes, balancing, etc.) for free. It is all up to you if you want the very best out of this game.

All past SF games you HAVE to buy each new iteration of the game if you want to play with others who have the latest edition. Sure you don't get all the characters (you can get them for free if you get Fight Money) but this is a huge step up from making your past previous purchase of your game outdated and can't play with others online.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1