• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Rainy Cocoa Sub.DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:07 am Reply with quote
Extremely pissed this didn't get a dub. I mean, come on - the original AUDIO DRAMA got a dub using FUNIMATION ACTORS!
CatSword

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:55 am Reply with quote
Honestly, I think I'm always going to remember this show as "the one got that canceled in the UK because only two people preordered it."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
wyntre_rose

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
These are generally enjoyable with the major fly in the ointment coming towards the end, when the first question asked of Haruka's VA, Shunya Marue, is whether or not he's gay because he apparently sits too close to others. This opens the door for some uncomfortable discussions about being “normal” and visiting gay bars. Fortunately, these segments are easily skipped and make no difference to the actual anime.

That makes me sad. Can I ask, was it just this one actor that was making homophobic remarks or were there more of them involved?
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:32 pm Reply with quote
^It was most of them, although Ryo Horikawa, who is markedly older than the rest, mostly refrained.
wyntre_rose

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Ok. Thank you for the quick response!
Vibrant Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:17 am Reply with quote
tbh, I felt the gay question was the only highlight of what was otherwise a waste of two hours and eight bucks. It sounded to me like the other panelists were prompting an answer more out of jest than earnest. If I remember correctly, even the VA in question was laughing it off as the most out-of-nowhere inquiry on planet earth which, for me, only made it all the funnier.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1