• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime NYC to Host Gundam Producers Shin Sasaki, Masakazu Ogawa

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Guests have been:

Gundam
Sailor Moon
Sailor Moon
Sailor Moon
FMA
Gundam

No variety...

(wait, most anime fans think that counts as variety, even though it's just three different kinds of teen action heroes....)
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:22 pm Reply with quote
#861208 wrote:
No variety...

Variety only matters if you're going to the same convention year after year (at which point, there are presumably factors other than the guests that are drawing you to a particular con). I'm sure the convention organizers would rather their headliners be a big draw for first-time attendees and walk-in guests, and that means appealing to the broadest audiences possible... which in America, means stuff that aired on Toonami.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Expanding on the above, it's not like these guests have never worked on anything else. It just so happens that they have a common thread among them. Tachibana Masaki looks to mainly be invited for his work on Princess Principal, but I would love to get his autograph on my Barakamon BDs.

I'm a little concerned that Anime NYC is going to turn into a NY version of AX, however. I wonder if they have enough staff to properly take care of all these guests...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1