• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Violet Evergarden Anime Reveals Promo Video, Visuals, More Cast, Staff

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:27 am Reply with quote
The PV looks great, as I had expected from the studio.

I heard good things about this series before so keeping my expectations high.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hazelll

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:31 am Reply with quote
Does this mean netflix will release it weekly in spring or all at once?
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:33 am Reply with quote
It would be hard to believe that this is a TV production if we didn't already know that it was one. From what I've heard about the episodes that have been pre-aired so far, the PV have not been misleading in this regard. It's too bad those outside of Japan won't see it until spring, legally at least.
whitesox123

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:52 am Reply with quote
Like people are actually gonna wait to watch this, alot of people are curious about this show and are not going to wait 3 extra months to watch it.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:55 am Reply with quote
whitesox123 wrote:
Like people are actually gonna wait to watch this, alot of people are curious about this show and are not going to wait 3 extra months to watch it.

Personally, I'm not confident enough in the video quality of the average pirate site for that to be a desirable venue for such a production and regardless I'd rather watch it on my Roku, so I'll wait.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:09 am Reply with quote
whitesox123 wrote:

I certainly won’t be waiting. I’ll stream it on Netflix too when it comes out anyway so it’s not like I won’t be contributing anything.
chito895

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:46 am Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
whitesox123 wrote:

Personally, I'm not confident enough in the video quality of the average pirate site for that to be a desirable venue for such a production and regardless I'd rather watch it on my Roku, so I'll wait.

I'll probably watch some episodes before Spring, but I'm sure it'll look rather amazing in a big TV. Hopefully Netflix video quality (and my TV) will deliver.

And if they're releasing all the show starting Spring, then it'll most likely have dubs, which I particularly enjoy.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:19 pm Reply with quote
chito895 wrote:

And if they're releasing all the show starting Spring, then it'll most likely have dubs, which I particularly enjoy.

I know the English dub tends to go to that same LA studio as most Netflix anime original titles, but it would be cool if they go above and beyond and let a UK studio dub it just to give this more authenticity.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:50 am Reply with quote
Hazelll wrote:
Does this mean netflix will release it weekly in spring or all at once?

Probably all at once. However, I think that delay is only justified if it gets an English dub.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:45 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
I know the English dub tends to go to that same LA studio as most Netflix anime original titles, but it would be cool if they go above and beyond and let a UK studio dub it just to give this more authenticity.

A UK-based dub would defy the conventions of televised anime dubbing, but that said, Netflix may be the only ones who could afford such an experiment. Indeed, their habit is to spend beyond what they can afford...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:22 am Reply with quote
Dat cast! Minori! OMG! Cattleya looked perfect in that video.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1