• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action ERASED Netflix Series Reveals 1st Visual, December 15 Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danpmss

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:58 am Reply with quote
Please be a better adaptation than the rushed mess the anime was.
Seiya0890

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:50 am Reply with quote
Please be a better adaptation than the Death Note movie...
Random Name

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:21 am Reply with quote
hmm I despise live action adaptations and I despise this anime. I wish they would stop making live action and focus on making true anime originals rather then licencing shows and calling it an original. But imagine I'm in the minority on this.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:41 am Reply with quote
I share the concerns with a live action adaptation..
I prefer the manga over the anime.. however he anime really wasn't all that bad.
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:43 am Reply with quote
While many speculative fiction series are difficult to do in live action, with all of the fantastical elements, there is nothing in Erased that would make it difficult to adapt. I'm looking forward to this.

As for the "Netflix original" thing, it does bother me when it's a licensed series, but consider that Netflix is the one producing this, they have every right to slap their name on it.
matt78

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:51 am Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:
hmm I despise live action adaptations and I despise this anime. I wish they would stop making live action and focus on making true anime originals rather then licencing shows and calling it an original. But imagine I'm in the minority on this.

If they decide to go the original route I hope they focus on complete manga series that got either a terrible anime adaption or none at all. I would love to see remakes of series such as Negima, Soul Eater, Claymore and Rosario + Vampire. I am sure everyone has favorite series that they wish this could happen too.
harminia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:47 pm Reply with quote
To people concerned about live action adaptations, there was already a live action movie adaptation of Erased so it's not like this is a ground breaking development.
Also, this is a purely Japanese production so it's not even within the same ballpark as "death note netflix".

I'm interested to see if they follow the manga's ending or the anime's ending. I never watched the live action film so I don't know which path it took.
Inopethflames

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:23 am Reply with quote
So is this coming to USA Netflix, Japanese audio and English subtitles? I can’t fathom anyone in America watching this if that’s the case, relatively I mean. Hopefully it’s good, I’d like to watch it if it is, it just seems really bizarre Netflix would have this available in USA.
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Netflix has Final Fantasy XIV: Father of Light, which is also sub-only, so I don't see why not?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1