• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bayonetta 3 Action Game Revealed for Switch

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:13 am Reply with quote
Still haven't finished the original game on the Xbox 360.
tentensan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:43 am Reply with quote
IT'S TIME TO FINALLY BUY A SWITCH. I love Bayonetta! I need this game so badly. She's the greatest really. Bayonetta games were always fun to me and I hope this game fulfills all my expectations! Very Happy
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:04 am Reply with quote
Always wanted to play Bayonetta. Good thing I got a switch.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:19 pm Reply with quote
BOOOO!! Boo that it's going to be on Switch only. Well, look at what happened when Bayonetta 2 ended up on the "WiiU". But I'm happy that there is another chapter coming. The last one was just in time for the holidays.

To bad we don't buy 'Switch" titles. Things ended at the "U" for us.
Heishi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm happy to see another one and not only that, but I'm happy to see it come to the Switch!
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
BOOOO!! Boo that it's going to be on Switch only. Well, look at what happened when Bayonetta 2 ended up on the "WiiU". But I'm happy that there is another chapter coming. The last one was just in time for the holidays.

The Switch is in a far better position than the Wii U in terms of growing a healthy library of games so this was inevitable. I expect a few more popular Wii U title ports later in the horizon.
IanC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:

So you are missing out on a great hybrid console with plenty of great games (and a booming indie scene) for why exactly? Because the Wii U did badly??
TrowaAyanami

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:45 pm Reply with quote
This was easily my most hyped moment of the night for me. I cannot wait to see what new stuff Platinum are gonna implement in the 3rd instalment.

And I'm really glad they are porting Bayo's 1 and 2 over to the Switch, especially 2 since I'm hoping that with the Switch's bigger install base compared to the Wii U means that more people will get to play that amazing game as it is easily one of the greatest action games in recent memory.

Chrno2 wrote:

Wow, someone sure is salty.

Also, you do realise that if it weren't for Nintendo, Bayonetta 2 wouldn't have even existed in the first place, right? So, it makes sense that because Nintendo funded the 2nd one that the 3rd one would also be exclusive to their console as well.

Oh and one more thing, who do you mean by "we"? It sounds to me that you're the one that's being bitter over this, so cut that childish, elitist attitude of yours out.

You don't speak for the people who actually support their favourite franchises by buying whichever console the next instalment comes out on. This would be like me throwing a temper tantrum over the new Monster Hunter game coming to PS4 next year because it's not on a Nintendo system.

Just be thankful that this franchise is still alive right now.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:26 pm Reply with quote
To those that commented please pay attention to what was written. I clearly stated what I stated as being satire.

I also pointed out that I cannot purchase the game FOR MY JOB because we don't have a request in for collecting Nintendo Switch games. So we have to miss out. I brought this to the attention of the chief librarian and they idea was not considered something a budget should be spent on.

So sadly we cannot purchase Bayonetta 3. We were lucky that we got Bayonetta 2. But again the library didn't want to collect the Wii stuff because there was no academic value for it. The Wii U was the last of the collection and we already know what happened to the support on that. And there is no way to know where the Switch is going especially when Sony and Microsoft are still holding the title.

As for me I can enjoy the walkthroughs.
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:32 pm Reply with quote
The sole reason I want a Switch. But not enough for me.

spoiler[I would like F-Zero to be revivied and with that. Sure buying it]
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:42 am Reply with quote
The first Bayonetta on the XBox 360 is in the unfortunate category of "games I can't play for more than 10 minutes or so without getting a massive headache and/or nausea because of something to do with the visuals" along with some other XBox 360 games like Burnout Paradise and Midnight Club: Los Angeles. Nothing to do with the quality of the game otherwise, but I have motion sensitivity issues and vertigo and the visuals seem to exasperate them. In the case of Bayonetta specifically, I can't put my finger on exactly what causes my discomfort but it may have something to do with how the camera jumps around the scene so quickly.

Which is why the Switch might be the ideal format for me to play a Bayonetta sequel on, at least in handheld mode, since, when it's undocked, the quality of the visuals drops, which may actually be to my benefit if I don't want to feel sick while playing a game.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy about the sequel, but I'm almost starting to get a bit miffed that seemingly every single game I scrambled to buy for the Wii U over the last year is being re-released for the Switch. I know it only makes good business sense and all, but I'm going to wind up burning a ton of duplicate money whenever I finally get a Switch. Hell, as soon as I bite the bullet on Smash's DLC, I'm sure it'll get announced the very next day. Razz
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:15 pm Reply with quote
While it may feel irritating for those that bought them for the Wii U, Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 being available for the Nintendo Switch allows newer players to experience the rich story of the title to the fullest with the third sequel! Smile
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
While it may feel irritating for those that bought them for the Wii U, Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 being available for the Nintendo Switch allows newer players to experience the rich story of the title to the fullest with the third sequel! Smile

I guess folks now are doing a 360 in feelings now that the Switch knows how it's going to go. You got a newer powerful portable system that works as both a portable and platform. So it does look like it's going to have some staying power. Considering Nintendo's reputation with the portable market.

But one thing I never knew and maybe you can tell me is why Bayonetta became a inclusive port to Nintendo. I never got the full scoop.
Tsurugi-Kun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Mr. Oshawott wrote:

I guess folks now are doing a 360 in feelings now that the Switch knows how it's going to go. You got a newer powerful portable system that works as both a portable and platform. So it does look like it's going to have some staying power. Considering Nintendo's reputation with the portable market.

But one thing I never knew and maybe you can tell me is why Bayonetta became a inclusive port to Nintendo. I never got the full scoop.

Nintendo funded the second Bayonetta game when noone else would so it was exclusive to the Wii U and I'm guessing they are also funding the third game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2