• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cutie Honey Universe Anime's Teaser Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulchaested

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Not gonna lie that electronic music playing in the background was awesome.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:25 pm Reply with quote
I would love if they get Horie Yui as Honey.
Togame

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:27 pm Reply with quote
In like Flynn.
GeorgeC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:36 pm Reply with quote
<SIGH>

It's just not Cutie Honey without a version of the original theme song!

The teaser BGM to me was "meh."
They could have teased us with bars from the original theme song or a remix like the 1990s and 2000s OVAs had. Those were great remixes of the 1973 version.
It would have impressed me a lot more to hear a new recording of the theme.

At least the Honey character designs look decent if not outstanding but there's only so many times you can redevelop a character before it stops looking like the source material...
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:42 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if this will have a remix of the OP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCX77Je16fk, like the last 3 instalments had. It looks good, I hope one of these days Trigger does a version of Cutie Honey, or the studio who did Dororon Enma-Kun, that was really well done in the style of Nagai.
1dbad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Out of all the upcoming versions of Nagai works, this is the one I'm most excited for.

I do agree a remix of the original theme would have been nice, but I still like the music they used anyway. And everything else is looking great!
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:42 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
I hope one of these days Trigger does a version of Cutie Honey, or the studio who did Dororon Enma-Kun, that was really well done in the style of Nagai.

Meeramera? That was Brain's Base and I agree, it was also a very entertaining show and much better than their Kikoushi Enma adaptation.

As for Trigger, weren't some of those guys involved with Re: Cutie Honey under Gainax?
ARC-1300

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:01 am Reply with quote
GeorgeC wrote:
<SIGH>

It's just not Cutie Honey without a version of the original theme song!

The teaser BGM to me was "meh."
They could have teased us with bars from the original theme song or a remix like the 1990s and 2000s OVAs had. Those were great remixes of the 1973 version.
It would have impressed me a lot more to hear a new recording of the theme.

At least the Honey character designs look decent if not outstanding but there's only so many times you can redevelop a character before it stops looking like the source material...

Dude,chill,Jesus. Every iteration of cutie honey has had the theme song. And this is gonna be no different. The POV just didn’t have it.
Ouran High School Dropout

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:20 am Reply with quote
This trailer definitely had the right feel. With the right creative team, this could really work.

"Honey, FLASH!"
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:03 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
I hope one of these days Trigger does a version of Cutie Honey, or the studio who did Dororon Enma-Kun, that was really well done in the style of Nagai.

Meeramera? That was Brain's Base and I agree, it was also a very entertaining show and much better than their Kikoushi Enma adaptation.

As for Trigger, weren't some of those guys involved with Re: Cutie Honey under Gainax?
I know Gainax made Re, I thought Anno was the guy behind it though, not the Trigger guys. Oh it was brain base was it, I don't why but I thought it was a studio called Red Hat Maker, maybe another of Nagais works was made by a studio called that.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:39 pm Reply with quote
^Anno was the chief director for Re: but every episode had its own director free to add their own style to it. Imaishi directed the first episode and Iirc other future Trigger team members were involved with the other 2 eps.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1