• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Trinity Blood Manga Enters Final Arc in December

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animechic420

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:03 pm Reply with quote
This manga hasn't ended yet???? Confused
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:53 pm Reply with quote
I was more surprised to learn the original was a light novel.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:26 am Reply with quote
I remember watching the anime adaptation a decade ago. I'm amazed that not only is it not finished yet, but it still has an entire arc yet to come.
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:41 am Reply with quote
If memory serves, the anime was based on the manga. The manga was based on the Light Novel. The light novel was unfinished because the original author was sick and eventually passed away. Because of that, there was some question on how to handle the manga and it has gone off and on a lot. Not to mention it was a long release if I'm not mistaken (monthly I believe) so it took a long time for events to unfold despite the extra pages. I used to be totally smitten with this series. It'll be nice to see how the manga wraps up the story.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:33 am Reply with quote
Had no idea this started as a LN or that the author passed away over a decade ago. Or that the manga was still going. I used to love this anime but never got into the manga.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:51 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
I remember watching the anime adaptation a decade ago. I'm amazed that not only is it not finished yet, but it still has an entire arc yet to come.

yeah unfortunately the author passed away before he finished it so its publication has been shaky but at least it is being worked on and will get an ending although i've no idea if its as good as when the original worked on it because when people take over works like this theres a noticeable and understandable shift in tone.

Now if only another certain mangaka would get off his bum *cough*Kentaro*cough* and continue working before he or his readers all die of old age.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
dtm42 wrote:

yeah unfortunately the author passed away before he finished it so its publication has been shaky but at least it is being worked on and will get an ending although i've no idea if its as good as when the original worked on it because when people take over works like this theres a noticeable and understandable shift in tone.

Now if only another certain mangaka would get off his bum *cough*Kentaro*cough* and continue working before he or his readers all die of old age.

So is that mean the manga will end at ROM6, or it will continue to ROM7?
Though before the author passed away, he left some concept about the ending part
Kalessin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:21 pm Reply with quote
It's a shame that we've never gotten all of either the light novels or the manga in English. I didn't realize that Viz had license rescued the manga, but looking it up now, they seem to have treated it like some of the other Tokypop rescues that they've done (e.g. D.N.Angel) and just released the same volumes as e-books, not even releasing new volumes as e-books, let alone releasing anything in print. So, it's not much of a rescue. In D.N.Angel's case, the author went on hiatus again, so there are only a couple of volumes that we don't have, so I can understand them not bothering with those right now (much as it sucks), but for Trinity Blood, they have about 8 volumes that they could have released but haven't. So, I guess that they just gave up on it. Sad

At least in the case of Maid-Sama, they actually went and finished it (and in print no less). Much as I'd prefer to have physical releases, getting e-book releases to complete the other rescued series would be far better than nothing. Who knows how economically viable that is though. We want everything brought over, but it costs money to do that, and it doesn't always make economic sense. It sucks particularly badly when a series was already partially released though.
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Wow. Wasn't expecting this news. I wonder how it will end.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1