• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Ryuo's Work is Never Done! Anime Listed With 12 Episodes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Well that's too bad. I don't know how long the source is, though. Hopefully this is long enough to finish a story arc properly/strong.
Catsplay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Hoping it does well enough for a season 2, it deserves it.
BalmungHHQ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
the anime's Japanese Blu-ray Disc and DVD home video release

The website, nor any retails sites like Amazon Japan make any mention of a DVD release, so I'm pretty sure "The Ryuo's Work is Never Done!" is only coming out on Blu-ray.

Also, no mention of the extra features? There's a lot of cool stuff included. Like Tokyo MX's variety program that runs after every episode where Rina Hidaka interviews female shogi players.
Not to mention new short stories written by Shiratori-sensei for Vols. 1 & 4, and character song CDs for Vols. 2 & 3. (which include a song by Ai-chan's parents who are voiced by legendary anison singers Ichirou Mizuki and Mitsuko Horie)

Kougeru wrote:
Well that's too bad. I don't know how long the source is, though. Hopefully this is long enough to finish a story arc properly/strong.

Volume 7 of the light novel just released in Japan this month.
Episode 3 is looking like it'll conclude the story of the first volume. Based on that, I think it's likely the anime will adapt 4 volumes. (possibly 3 if any of the later volumes are longer/slower paced)

Catsplay wrote:
Hoping it does well enough for a season 2, it deserves it.

I completely agree!
Random Name

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Hmm was hoping for 24...hopefully Märchen Mädchen will at least be 2cour(though I never read the source so not sure if that's feesable)
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I expected this. Didn't look like a series that would get more than 12 in 1 go.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1