• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kingdom Hearts III Game's Trailers Confirm 'Monsters, Inc.' World, Hikaru Utada Theme Song

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:52 am Reply with quote
OMG! Ikeda is back to voice Marluxia! YES! Dat Sora and Vanitas scene. Irino-ception! Yami Irino slayed that trailer as Vanitas compared to compared.

OMG! Utada is back! AAAAAAAAH! Chikai sounds amazing. As expected of Utada. Can't wait!
Mune

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:33 am Reply with quote
This news didn't seem like it was coming. What a nice surprise to see some progress. Now, if only we had a release date...
Vannil

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:08 am Reply with quote
KH3 will be a really great game or just horrendous at this point.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:23 am Reply with quote
I'm excited! For two main things, I must admit:
1) to see how convoluted the story becomes and what extreme measures will be taken in retconning the previous story (like every single game does, lol), but I mean this in a loving way, I assure you!
2) to see the speedrunners rip this thing apart in mere months.

And for smaller things I'd be excited for: Hearing Haley Joel Osmont return to voicing Vanitas (I think he clearly had fun doing that in BBS. It also explained to me why Mark Hamill loves voicing villains, voicing villains is just fun!)

Guess I'll find out next year then, lol! Or maybe in 2020! or 2030! On the Playstation 6!
Morgan B.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:51 am Reply with quote
Vannil wrote:
KH3 will be a really great game or just horrendous at this point.

Well, look at it this way. At least they didn’t change the VAs, plus Utada is back! People have been waiting for KH3 for a hella long time and that’ll depend on how the third game goes. Until then, we’ll be doing what we’ve always been doing: waiting.
GhostD

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:57 am Reply with quote
They should also include the Incredibles what with the 2nd movie coming out. Imagine Sora, Donald and Goofy as costumed crime fighters and getting the option to swap between the 4 family members and being able to see them use their respective powers on heartless.
Inu-Yasha

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:57 am Reply with quote
"
Finally, Square Enix said it will announce a release date for Kingdom Hearts III at E3 2018.
Read more at https://gematsu.com/2018/02/kingdom-hearts-iii-d23-expo-japan-2018-hikaru-utada-theme-song-trailers#VTT6Ko4b0oFUyXJ5.99 "

E3 2018 is from Tuesday June 12 to Thursday June 14.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:22 am Reply with quote
This is pretty much the Duke Nukem Forever of RPG’s at this point.
Vannil

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:31 am Reply with quote
Inu-Yasha wrote:
"
Finally, Square Enix said it will announce a release date for Kingdom Hearts III at E3 2018.
Read more at https://gematsu.com/2018/02/kingdom-hearts-iii-d23-expo-japan-2018-hikaru-utada-theme-song-trailers#VTT6Ko4b0oFUyXJ5.99 "

E3 2018 is from Tuesday June 12 to Thursday June 14.

In this age, "release dates" are pretty meaningless. Just look at: No Man's Sky, Red Dead Redemption, Persona 5, Final Fantasy 15, etc... all had "release dates" and were all delayed into much further than the original release date. Don't get me wrong, I'm as excited for this game than the next person, but until it goes gold, I'll just sit and wait.
Xavon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:30 am Reply with quote
Man, this is going to be a pain in the neck to voice cast. I'm already guessing we'll get Ali Stoner instead of Hayden (and I'm okay with that), and probably no KKR or Rachel Cook if Yuffie or Tifa make return appearances.

But Tim Allen? Tom Hanks? John Goodman? Billy Crystal? We'll be lucky to get any two of them.

The amusing thing is that if they get Mandy Moore to voice Rapunzel, we might also get the original Aerith voice back as a twofer. (Also the reason I want Kim Possible as a world in the game, KKR would be a twofer for Kim and Yuffie).
ZeArNkN

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:08 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:

DNF eventually came out though. Plus KH3 hasn't had nearly the same amount of development struggles as that game.
DamianSalazar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Xavon wrote:
Man, this is going to be a pain in the neck to voice cast. I'm already guessing we'll get Ali Stoner instead of Hayden (and I'm okay with that), and probably no KKR or Rachel Cook if Yuffie or Tifa make return appearances.

But Tim Allen? Tom Hanks? John Goodman? Billy Crystal? We'll be lucky to get any two of them.

The amusing thing is that if they get Mandy Moore to voice Rapunzel, we might also get the original Aerith voice back as a twofer. (Also the reason I want Kim Possible as a world in the game, KKR would be a twofer for Kim and Yuffie).

Rule out Tom Hanks because his brother voices Woody in other media.

I'm excited because I've always wanted to experience the world of doors in Monstropolis.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:33 pm Reply with quote
My hype meter went up some more. Those Japanese voices on the Disney characters are just hideous though. Kind of lessened the impact for me. XD
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:25 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
I'm excited! For two main things, I must admit:
1) to see how convoluted the story becomes and what extreme measures will be taken in retconning the previous story (like every single game does, lol), but I mean this in a loving way, I assure you!

Well, this is what happens when the size of a fictional canon becomes a matter of which other canons are owned by which organisations...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:

Only if it turns out to be utterly terrible. If it's good, then it'll be the Elite: Dangerous of RPGs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2