• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Square Enix Reveals More Details on Kingdom Hearts III Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:09 am Reply with quote
I guess that means the end worlds are only 30% complete which means that KH3 is not going to come out for a long time. Sad
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:03 am Reply with quote
This sounds like "The Last Guardian" situation: releasing a game nearly a decade after it is announced.
Jakerams

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:32 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
This sounds like "The Last Guardian" situation: releasing a game nearly a decade after it is announced.
It's hasn't even been 5 years since it was announced though. They've announced other KH titles but 3 wasn't officially announced until a few years ago.
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:11 am Reply with quote
Jakerams wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:
It's hasn't even been 5 years since it was announced though. They've announced other KH titles but 3 wasn't officially announced until a few years ago.

And there's been significant amount of content released in-between that time. (A continually updating mobile game, the short game 0.2, and the Back Cover film.)

While 11 years passed between SotC and TLG with no new content other than a port set.
phantom360

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:12 am Reply with quote
Looking good they said a 2018 release hopfully they'll be able to do it but if they need more time so be it I'd rather have a completed game than a none completed game.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:09 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Square Enix stated that the end section of the game will contain something that game director Tetsuya Nomura said he "wanted to do and put into Kingdom Hearts, ever since the days of working on Final Fantasy."

A Bug's Life, maybe? The cast of the anthropomorphic Robin Hood? James and the Giant Peach even? Seeing monster Goofy has made me assume that aces are wild here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mulletZERO

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:32 am Reply with quote
"Kingdom Hearts III is slated for both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles this year."

That's awfully optimistic. Laughing
MCAL

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:55 am Reply with quote
Jakerams wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:
Not to mention it went through an engine change back in 2015 too.
NateSelwyn25

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:05 pm Reply with quote
I'm taking bets on if this will be released on the PS7 or the PS8.
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Quote:
Square Enix stated that the end section of the game will contain something that game director Tetsuya Nomura said he "wanted to do and put into Kingdom Hearts, ever since the days of working on Final Fantasy."

A Bug's Life, maybe? The cast of the anthropomorphic Robin Hood? James and the Giant Peach even? Seeing monster Goofy has made me assume that aces are wild here.

I wish they would ad The Emperor's New Groove. Seriously one of my Disney favorites.
AntiKuro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm kind of scared it is going to go the route of FF15. It took years, and years, and years to release and then when we finally get KH 3 it's crap.

You can say the game was only announced 4 or 5 years ago but I mean to be honest we all knew a KH 3 was coming as soon as we finished playing KH 2.

I started KH when I was around 15 or 16 years old, and now I am 31. It says a lot about how long these games have taken to complete.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:47 pm Reply with quote
I really wish they’d make KHIII dual audio but I know that’ll never happen.
Black Turtle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Well, Nomura was against the annoucement back in 2013. I remember him telling it was a very early annoucement, which means they were basically nowhere. Most of the world weren't even chosen. Maybe that was a problem. Also, SE is know to take its time to make his game. 5 year is average with them, to be fair. And you can't compare a 60h game with a 20 hours one. And there is also the change of engine back in 2015.

AntiKuro wrote:
I'm kind of scared it is going to go the route of FF15. It took years, and years, and years to release and then when we finally get KH 3 it's crap.

You can say the game was only announced 4 or 5 years ago but I mean to be honest we all knew a KH 3 was coming as soon as we finished playing KH 2.

I started KH when I was around 15 or 16 years old, and now I am 31. It says a lot about how long these games have taken to complete.

I disagree. FFvsXIII had a lot of shit happening. KH developpment seems pretty smooth, and we had news on regulary, even if it wasn't frequently. FFVII remake is totally following the FFXV route, it's been nearly 3 years since the annoucement and we got nothing new. But yeah, it's only a year since KHIII has become the main priority of SE. Most crew still worked on FFXV, and even the KH crew had to work on 2.8. It's not been that long since we got to the huge team they're taling about. Which means the developpment could go faster now.

I still think a release for Christmas is possible. The fact it's Disney would make it a great time to release the game.

TsukasaElkKite wrote:
I really wish they’d make KHIII dual audio but I know that’ll never happen.
I would be fine with english audio. To be fair, I love the english voices, but I can't get used to the japanese ones. Every trailer I hear in Japanese just seem weird to me. I even prefer the english voice acting to the one in my native language (even if we had only KH1 dubbed).
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:50 pm Reply with quote
PS5, X1X maybe. No way 2018. Its shaping up nice though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1