• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: A.I.C.O. -Incarnation- Anime's New Videos Mark Netflix Premiere

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:18 am Reply with quote
This feels like one of those apocalyptic action shows that were popular back in the late 90s-early 2000s. On a side note, who the heck are these people dubbing this anime? I don't recognize any of their names.
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:33 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
On a side note, who the heck are these people dubbing this anime? I don't recognize any of their names.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBRhoB5V_fA
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:41 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
This feels like one of those apocalyptic action shows that were popular back in the late 90s-early 2000s. On a side note, who the heck are these people dubbing this anime? I don't recognize any of their names.
I was confused at first, but from the looks of things it is a brand new studio, Iyuno Media Group, that has forgone using the usual California VAs that Bang Zoon! and Studiopolis use, and instead are using new/outside talent.
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:46 am Reply with quote
Those character descriptions get me SO HYPED! Male protagonist transfer student & bright, cheerful girl sound like such an exciting pairing. & so many buddies, you'd think it was Canadian.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:48 am Reply with quote
I just recently finished B: The Beginning, and although it was all over the place, I still enjoyed it. Also the English dub was amazing.
From initial reactions I’ve seen on the internet however, it seems the English dub for AICO isn’t the best, so I’ll probably watch it subbed.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:55 am Reply with quote
Still though, same day as Jessica Jones. That’s not good for visibility.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:08 am Reply with quote
After watching 2 episodes Im sad to say that the dub is pretty bad. Feels more like they are not good at acting and just reading the lines. The dub is not from the same quality as all other studios. Its like they never dubbed an anime before... And that honestly pisses me off. The anime itself looks really cool and the animation is gorgeous, but yea Bones what would you expect? Honestly if it wasnt for the dub it would be amazing.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:12 am Reply with quote
At least you made it to 2 episodes! There's no way I can stomach the rest after that really iffy dub showing.
Mhora

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:13 am Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
After watching 2 episodes Im sad to say that the dub is pretty bad. Feels more like they are not good at acting and just reading the lines. The dub is not from the same quality as all other studios. Its like they never dubbed an anime before... And that honestly pisses me off. The anime itself looks really cool and the animation is gorgeous, but yea Bones what would you expect? Honestly if it wasnt for the dub it would be amazing.
It doesn't seem like a kids show, so you should probably go for the subbed version anyways, unless you can't read that is.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:15 am Reply with quote
Mhora wrote:
TheMorry wrote:
It doesn't seem like a kids show, so you should probably go for the subbed version anyways, unless you can't read that is.
I can read, I just prefer dubs over subs...
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:15 am Reply with quote
...and my Netflix anime "to watch" queue just gets bigger...
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:17 am Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
I just recently finished B: The Beginning, and although it was all over the place, I still enjoyed it. Also the English dub was amazing.
From initial reactions I’ve seen on the internet however, it seems the English dub for AICO isn’t the best, so I’ll probably watch it subbed.

I prefer English dubs, for the most part, I switched, the dub actors were trying WAY too hard, I cringed!
FlyGuySempai

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:21 pm Reply with quote
I saw the promo for AICO and im getting horrible, traumatizing, Mars of Destruction vibes from this, so i'll pass like a MF on this.
SexyLexy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:34 pm Reply with quote
This dub is so bad that I couldn't even finish the first episode. What was Netflix thinking when they chose this dub studio?
Mhora

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Anywaaay, I'm 3 eps in now. Seems intruiging at least. A bit slow, with some painful monologues. I hope it ramps up soon. Looks great! That Netflix money is huuge for these productions
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2