• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kiki's Delivery Service Author Eiko Kadono Wins Hans Christian Andersen Award

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackiris_

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:27 am Reply with quote
Bravo, Kadono-san! I just read the first volume of Kiki's Delivery Service recently. She has a lovely writing style and her stories are full of magic and wisdom. Very much deserved.
TheOtakuX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:49 pm Reply with quote
This would be a good excuse to put the novel back in print in the US, since it's currently obscenely overpriced on Amazon.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Good for Eiko. Anime smile Now if only I could actually read her books. I enjoy the movie adaptation from Studio Ghibli (which was the first movie I saw from them), but being that the first book in the series is out of print at my home country, and the other books that came after were never published here either, the only chance I have to read them is if I import the books from Japan and learn to read Japanese.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:40 pm Reply with quote
I would also love to have the Kiki's Delivery Service books released in English as I always wanted to read them. I love the story of Kiki and Jiji so much.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1