• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Magical Girl Site Likely Target in Latest BPO Published Complaint

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CatSword

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 3:57 pm Reply with quote
As trashy as Magical Girl Site is, aren't all those characters clearly villains/bad people? How would those scenes encourage or reinforce bullying/criminal acts?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:13 pm Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:
As trashy as Magical Girl Site is, aren't all those characters clearly villains/bad people? How would those scenes encourage or reinforce bullying/criminal acts?

Especially considering they died because of their bullying. Don't see how a death result encourage people to do something.
Echii

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:14 pm Reply with quote
For me this anime is one of the most entertaining anime in this season. I'm actually enjoying this even more than some of the high rated anime like Hero Academia 3. It is not better but just more entertaining to watch.

And BPO is stupid. This anime does not encourages bullying, it actually made me hate bullying more.

Also, sexual violence ?! I remember that there is one attempt to rape scene in 1st episode, but thats was the only sexual violence if I remember correctly. There is almost no sexual in any of the other episodes. Also, what is wrong with sexual violence in anime anyway ?! It is ok to watch violence/gore, but not sexual violence ?!
HueyLion

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:21 pm Reply with quote
The anime is alright I guess, I always enjoy psychological ones with some action here and there so cam't really complain.

I doubt if theres anything this anime does is encourage bullying at all.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Well it was a matter of time like always with this kind of serie, you know how these peoples with 0 tolerances are ... this anime is alright ( though messy yes like most series from this author but still interesting) and do not promote bullying . Don't like ? => Don't watch and don't cry over thing that shouldn't be, even more when this serie's goal is showing a weak bullied girl take control of her own destiny and stand up.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:47 pm Reply with quote
It is good to hear that Darling in the Franxx is streaming in China again though I wonder what was removed.

CatSword wrote:
It is a strange allegation to make since they are villains that are viciously bullying the protagonist. As shocking as the first episode was I don't see how anyone could think that the show was condoning that behavior.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:48 pm Reply with quote
I've never really figured out how big of a deal these complaints really are. I mean, I remember when getting a complaint from the Parents Television Council was a huge concern for US shows, but I can't really remember them having much of an impact since the time they tried to get airlines to stop showing PG-13 in-flight movies.
TasteyCookie

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:54 pm Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
I've never really figured out how big of a deal these complaints really are. I mean, I remember when getting a complaint from the Parents Television Council was a huge concern for US shows, but I can't really remember them having much of an impact since the time they tried to get airlines to stop showing PG-13 in-flight movies.

From all the ones I have followed, they basically don't mean anything to a show unless they air during the day. Daytime anime are more reliant on viewership and have to generally be more advertiser friendly, thus they are usually the only ones to make changes based on BPO complaints.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 5:08 pm Reply with quote
TasteyCookie wrote:

From all the ones I have followed, they basically don't mean anything to a show unless they air during the day. Daytime anime are more reliant on viewership and have to generally be more advertiser friendly, thus they are usually the only ones to make changes based on BPO complaints.

That is the thing, MGS is not aired during day time nor is it aimed at children, the "moral authority" might be correct in that "the violent show is violent" but does it really matter when only a fringe demographic is watching it and said demographic at youngest is older high school students.
Chaos Wings

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 5:48 pm Reply with quote
*Yawn* seems like another case of someone trying their hardest to find something to get 'triggered' about. Rolling Eyes

Personally I'm enjoying the show it's good old-fashioned trashy fun, making it my Killing Bites for this season.

Aya's psycho brother is a real piece of work though. Shocked
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:08 pm Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:
CatSword wrote:

Especially considering they died because of their bullying. Don't see how a death result encourage people to do something.

Well spoiler[one of the bullies didn't die, and they later try to justify their bullying and make themselves out to be the victim.] It wasn't very convincing and I don't know that it would encourage bullying. Anyways, I'm not sure why they are watching and complaining about a late night show instead investing in some parental controls that would prevent their kids from watching it in the first place, at least as much as one can.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:23 pm Reply with quote
almost makes me want to watch this
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Wow, it's great that China can enjoy Franxx again, even if it's censored.
CatSword

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Chrono1000 wrote:
It is good to hear that Darling in the Franxx is streaming in China again though I wonder what was removed.

From what I can figure out from this article, it's mostly fanservice. The butt grab in the first episode and 02 swimming nude were both cut.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:56 pm Reply with quote
The show's not even that violent. King's Game was 100 times worse, and I don't remember any complaints about that show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3