• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Zoids Wild Anime Teaser Reveals July 7 Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nyren

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Damn those Zoids are ridiculously small.
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Why do many main protags (at least the dudes) in kiddie anime have hilariously outrageous hair?
makoto99

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:12 pm Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:
Why do many main protags (at least the dudes) in kiddie anime have hilariously outrageous hair?

Maybe this guy is just hiding Pikachu under his hat?
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:30 am Reply with quote
Loved Zoids when it aired on the Cartoon Network. Wished it was a longer series back in the day.

But the look of these new characters, they looked like they were taken from the Digimon series. Wish they kept the previous Zoids character design schemes.
Nyren

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 1:12 am Reply with quote
SWAnimefan wrote:
Loved Zoids when it aired on the Cartoon Network. Wished it was a longer series back in the day.

But the look of these new characters, they looked like they were taken from the Digimon series. Wish they kept the previous Zoids character design schemes.
Unfortunately this is the new "it" design for kids shows. I'd love a continuation of New Century Zero, but the odds of getting that are slim.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:51 am Reply with quote
You know how back in the 90s the TV companies drafted up new rules regarding strobe lighting? Well I think they need to do a new one on CG, regarding when and how it is allowed and not allowed.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:19 am Reply with quote
This new Zoids anime appears to be different in comparison to the ones decades ago. The zoids are smaller and the characters are cartoonish. Still, it will be interesting to see how this will go.
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:47 am Reply with quote
This will be a nostalgia watch for me, but the new generation is going to want those toys.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:56 pm Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
This new Zoids anime appears to be different in comparison to the ones decades ago. The zoids are smaller and the characters are cartoonish. Still, it will be interesting to see how this will go.

Re the size;

Its probably because they're still using the OG lore. Zoids with cockpits were fully grown/matured a lot of the time while the smaller ones that are rode on top of (ie Wild's) are still rather young.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:43 am Reply with quote
There some part of Zoid's mythology makes no sense to me.

The cockpit riding ones were mechs with AI like personalities. I mean the Humans were BUILDING them at some point. We never saw Zoid cattle ranches where mechanically bred machines roamed around and manufactured themselves. Unless this stuff was left to side-stories and manga somewhere.

I'm not sure how i feel about this anime, it seems like extra dumbdowned version of Zoids.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
Unless this stuff was left to side-stories and manga somewhere.

That's what happened.
The Iron Bible has some translations of the history file stuff. Sadly, it never got an official English release.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1