• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Battle Angel Alita: Mars Chronicle 2-3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Misopup

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:46 pm Reply with quote
This series finally, utterly, jumped the shark -for me, at least- with GN2 of Mars Chronicle.
Back-to-back cameos of characters from the ZoT threads, and yet ONE MORE psychopathic frenemy from Alita's past....
"Enough", said I.
AyanamiRei

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:18 am Reply with quote
Lunatics are becoming quite annoying in this saga, even when they're not called Nova.

Misopup wrote:

"Enough", said I.

You should hang on till volume 4, who focuses through a flashback (inside a flashback, yeah!) on the new madman's "origin story". Before that, the volume 3 is almost entirely dedicated to a refreshing treasure hunt adventure taking place in the "main" flashback.

Those things kind of make me think that this "Gunnm" series was designed more to allow the author to tell stories he wanted (using Gally or other known characters as lures) than to really conclude Gunnm.

(at least, we have a finished story with the original series, so I can't complain )

PS: I know this terrible culture of the spoiler internet people developed in the recent years but I didn't put any warning because the informations I wrote are not story events.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1