• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North American Anime, Manga Releases, July 22-28 [2018-07-24]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Яeverse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:51 pm Reply with quote
School of Horns
Twin Star Exorcists for me.
GundamZX

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Seem to be missing a couple of stuff compare to the release encyclopedia portion of this site.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Tokyopop’s first volume of the Konohana Kitan manga is supposedly scheduled for release today (July 24), though Amazon doesn’t seem to have it in stock immediately, so I’m not sure what’s going on.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:39 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Tokyopop’s first volume of the Konohana Kitan manga is supposedly scheduled for release today (July 24), though Amazon doesn’t seem to have it in stock immediately, so I’m not sure what’s going on.

Tokyopop. That's what's going on.
GeorgeC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:33 am Reply with quote
Not a lot of great anime being released this summer...
Been entire weeks go by with NOTHING that seems to be highlighted or talked about!

Did get something in the mail unexpectedly early-ish.

Star Blazer/Yamato 2199 just got released early. It's the Funimation release.
This is one I'm glad I bought the LE/chipboard for. Very niceartwork with foil stamping that literally make the front explode with a starburst.
Hope it lives up to the hype... I caught a few episodes online but sort of dwindled off after 2.
I hope the show doesn't get lost in the shuffle despite being a few years late.
I can still remember the confusion from a few years back when Funi announced a Yamato license and there was confusion on whether it was the last (pre-2010) "official" original chronology Yamato movie (which was itself part of an unfinished series) or the live-action film. It turned out to be the live-action film but it was 4 more years before that got officially released in the US!

I still would like to see an official release in the West of the original series unedited one of these days... The Starblazers tapes are looking very worn nowadays.
Double Mangekyo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:08 am Reply with quote
I'm starting to think whoever makes these lists only looks at the release dates one time and doesn't bother to double-check them before posting.

Digital Novel Releases has seen quite a few errors. Even now:
How NOT to Summon ebook 3 came out July 23
Tanya the Evil ebook 3 will be out July 31
pirateaddict
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:46 am Reply with quote
Saiyuki Reload Blast for me, so hyped that David Matranga and Greg Ayres are back. Micah did a good job but have to admit Ian Sinclair is no match against Illich's voice but that's life.
digidragon
ANN Past Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:25 am Reply with quote
Double Mangekyo wrote:
Digital Novel Releases has seen quite a few errors. Even now:
How NOT to Summon ebook 3 came out July 23
Tanya the Evil ebook 3 will be out July 31

Amazon says July 24 for Tanya, so that was not an error: https://www.amazon.com/Saga-Tanya-Evil-Vol-ebook/dp/B0791M4BB9

I forgot to change it either way, but J-Novel Club's release schedule says July 22 for How NOT to Summon. I just fixed it. https://j-novel.club/comingup

Thanks!

Regarding Konohana Kitan, I usually see Tokyopop releases listed for multiple consecutive weeks for some reason. I'm pretty sure I even listed it a few weeks back -- I assume no one has a copy yet, though?
GundamZX

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:57 am Reply with quote
The manga version of Tanya came out on the 24th. But the one you list on this site is under the novel table which comes out the 31st.

Blood Blockade Battlefront 10 comes out on Aug 7. Article is missing stuff that comes out this week such as Laid-Back Camp 3 and Teasing Master Takagi-san 1.
digidragon
ANN Past Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:40 pm Reply with quote
GundamZX wrote:
The manga version of Tanya came out on the 24th. But the one you list on this site is under the novel table which comes out the 31st.

Blood Blockade Battlefront 10 comes out on Aug 7. Article is missing stuff that comes out this week such as Laid-Back Camp 3 and Teasing Master Takagi-san 1.

Haha, ok I see what happened. When you click on "Kindle version" from the novel page on Amazon it takes you to the digital version of the manga. My bad for not noticing. I fixed it. Thanks!

Blood Blockade Battlefront is listed in accordance with the Dark Horse release date here. Dark Horse release dates are usually earlier on their website vs major online stores -- iirc it's because of comic shop releases.

I also added some missing titles, including the two you mentioned.
Double Mangekyo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:07 pm Reply with quote
digidragon wrote:
GundamZX wrote:

Haha, ok I see what happened. When you click on "Kindle version" from the novel page on Amazon it takes you to the digital version of the manga. My bad for not noticing. I fixed it. Thanks!

Oh, and WorldEnd vol.1 also releases on July 31...
http://www.b2c.hachettebookgroup.com/titles/none/worldend-what-do-you-do-at-the-end-of-the-world-are-you-busy-will-you-save-us-vol-1/9781975326876/?yen
digidragon
ANN Past Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Double Mangekyo wrote:

I saw that, but Right Stuf has a July 24 release date and it is in stock. This happens a lot with Yen Press titles.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Blood Blockade Battlefront volume 10 did come out at the comic shop today.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1