• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sentai Filmworks' Night Raid 1931 License Expires

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ultimate N

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:59 pm Reply with quote
But what about GINTAMA?????? I want the first 265 episodes dubbed because the dub was actually pretty good
Musk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Let's see how much Aniplex will charge for this. I bet at least $70 along with the soundtrack of the show. Maybe we will get a higher video quality release though in exchange for the high pricing.

It's a good thing I already have this series. I have still yet to watch it though.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Musk wrote:
Let's see how much Aniplex will charge for this. I bet at least $70 along with the soundtrack of the show. Maybe we will get a higher video quality release though in exchange for the high pricing.

It's a good thing I already have this series. I have still yet to watch it though.

They almost certainly won't re-release it. That's their thing now: they refuse to let the companies that did all of the heavy lifting in releasing and marketing their titles over here renew their licenses, and then with just a few exceptions, they proceed to sit on the licenses themselves and never do anything constructive with them. Utter scum.
Sensei Terry Silver

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:26 pm Reply with quote
I remember "Mirai e" being the ED of this series, and it's one of my favorite -- what happened to Himeka by the way? I'd guess having a singing career in Japan when you're Quebec-born is a steep hill to climb.
Musk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
Musk wrote:

They almost certainly won't re-release it. That's their thing now: they refuse to let the companies that did all of the heavy lifting in releasing and marketing their titles over here renew their licenses, and then with just a few exceptions, they proceed to sit on the licenses themselves and never do anything constructive with them. Utter scum.

I'll take the higher pricing any day of the week over not releasing the series ever again. It took them how long to rerelease FMA BH and they still haven't rereleased Darker Than Black, but yet they continue to release Garden of Sinners on blu ray every few years still without a dub...
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:36 pm Reply with quote
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Sensei Terry Silver wrote:
I remember "Mirai e" being the ED of this series, and it's one of my favorite -- what happened to Himeka by the way? I'd guess having a singing career in Japan when you're Quebec-born is a steep hill to climb.

She had to go back to Canada. There’s an article somewhere on this site about it.
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Might just buy this on a whim cus its $10 on Rightstuf
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:12 am Reply with quote
This was a good show, I just hope people will still be able to watch it after Sentais discs become hard to find.
redranger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:41 am Reply with quote
I completely forgot this anime existed. In fact I remembered one scene from it and assumed it was from that other anime, joker game or whatever it's called.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:33 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:

Just grabbed the blu-ray, ironically, the date I found in the Funimation forum that I used for my article said this was supposed to expire last year.
SailorDJ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:28 am Reply with quote
WTK wrote:

I grabbed a copy of both the DVD and the Blu-ray.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Would definitely buy it on that sale if I didn't already buy the blu-ray back when sentai first released it. I really enjoyed this little show with it's spy style mixed with powers.
digidragon
ANN Past Staff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:27 am Reply with quote
mglittlerobin wrote:
Just grabbed the blu-ray, ironically, the date I found in the Funimation forum that I used for my article said this was supposed to expire last year.

Maybe it did. Sentai didn't confirm when it expired.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1