• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: HIDIVE to Stream Both Negima TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Afezeria

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:20 am Reply with quote
Seriously? It's as if there's no better shows out there. Stop picking mainstream stuff that doesn't deserve any more widespread reputation and pick up something like Sora Yori instead!
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:40 am Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
Seriously? It's as if there's no better shows out there. Stop picking mainstream stuff that doesn't deserve any more widespread reputation and pick up something like Sora Yori instead!

Considering they've picked up some obscure (as well as well known old material) stuff, uh... They are getting non-mainstream stuff?

I don't get why you're getting upset when they put up more content.
CatSword

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:36 am Reply with quote
I don't know why they're putting these older series that were already fully dubbed/available streaming from Funimation for years on a weekly upload schedule. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nDroae

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:02 pm Reply with quote
I guess they must be desperate to encourage HiDive subscribers not to unsubscribe?

Here was my reply when a fan was mad that Funi didn't pick up UQ Holder a year ago, while they still had the Negima streaming rights:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-1001735/fall-2017-simulcasts?pg=16

I said Funi's disinterest in UQ Holder was probably like this:
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-06-11/funimation-higurashi-familiar-of-zero-licenses-expire
Quote:
A member of Funimation's acquisitions team, posted on Funimation's forums on Thursday that poor sales of When They Cry - Higurashi (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni) and The Familiar of Zero (Zero no Tsukaima) led to the company's decision to not renew the licenses or acquire the sequel projects.

The post noted that Funimation never acquired the rights to the When They Cry sequel series, such as Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai or the related Umineko no Naku Koro ni nor would it seek out series "that bears even a minor resemblance."

Both of those had been picked up by Sentai and were already on HiDive.

UQ Holder on HiDive:
https://www.hidive.com/tv/uq-holder

Afezeria wrote:
(...)pick up something like Sora Yori instead!

If you mean similar shows, what shows do you have in mind?

But if you mean that show itself, it was co-produced by Crunchyroll. Sentai is never going to get it, unless CR goes completely out of business like Geneon, which is unlikely even in the current PR catastrophe.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Please get the OADs and movie next, Sentai.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1