• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Comic Ranking, September 3-9 [2018-09-12]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HK16

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:01 pm Reply with quote
OP domination as expected. Oh, look. Despite all the backlash from ANN users, Kenshin ends up at #4. Guess Japanese fans don't care or they learned not to let real life matters affect a series they like. Laughing
SHD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:05 pm Reply with quote
HK16 wrote:
OP domination as expected. Oh, look. Despite all the backlash from ANN users, Kenshin ends up at #4. Guess Japanese fans don't care or they learned not to let real life matters affect a series they like. Laughing

You'd be surprised how many Japanese fans have no idea about this, still. It was a decently publicized case but unless you regularly pay attention to such news, and only buy the magazine it was easy to miss. When the manga returned a lot of people were confused about where it went in the first place.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Its cool to see the new MHA volume sells so well and see the previous one still in the chart 10 weeks later.
Replica_Rabbit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:34 pm Reply with quote
HK16 wrote:

Or they didn't look into it.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Goddamn it is incredible the sheer staggering difference in sales One Piece has against literally every other manga.

World’s best-selling manga indeed.
8MANSid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:32 am Reply with quote
The last My Hero Academia volume debuted at 310,000 or more volumes while the latest one came out 365000 volumes. That's like 65000 new fans within a month and that's insane! I think this is also the highest My Hero has sold on its first week
Young Justice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Oh Yes! Dr. Stone in it's rightful place!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1