• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shirobako Creators Unveil Air Combat TV Anime Kōya no Kotobuki Hikōtai

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sakagami Tomoyo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:26 pm Reply with quote
I think your 'auto-linking words in articles to encyclopedia entries' script could use a bit of tweaking; I don't think the anime based on a Key visual novel is the kind of air you actually mean.

In any case, awesome. I did always want 3rd Aerial Girls Squad as a proper series.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Mizushima reported on his Twitter account that the anime will be a hybrid of 3D CG and 2D animation, and that he has been working on the anime for a number of years.
Mizushima really didn't see what happens when GEMBA tries to do the hybrid animation. It will be a Berserk all over again, seriously.
Skydrop

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:35 pm Reply with quote
3d effect indeed bit eh but I think for making such aircraft show really needed it for producing unique shot. curious how they tell the story even with such simple premise.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:41 pm Reply with quote
This sounds like it could be fun. I’ll be keeping an eye on this one. January is looking to be an interesting season to start 2019.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:03 pm Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
I really don't think you should need to worry because judging by that short pv alone, the animation aspect already looks much better than both 2016 Berserk and Fist of the north star regenesis combined. As for the show itself, will truly be looking forward to it. Hope the director could make this the next big thing as how he managed to make Girls und Panzer.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:08 pm Reply with quote
So this is basically the show they kept shilling in Shirobako?
I still think they should have kept the non-air part 2D, but still has potential to be somewhat enjoyable with half closed eyes.
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Ars Nova (Airplane ver).

While I do like there's gonna be another Shirobako-crew anime, I am not really digging these heavy-CGI character designs. Still, I am looking forward to this one and I hope my nitpicking would prove futile when the series starts rolling.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:20 pm Reply with quote
It's not that common that the initial ANN article of an original anime has the the cast, a short description of the main cast, a preview, release date, and a story summary all in one. Nice!
GuruBuckaroo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm not too worried about the 3d animation part. I know it's still off-putting, but it's important that they keep trying, because for one, that's the only way to get better; and for two, we'll eventually stop noticing it. Think about what would have happened if after TRON or Final Fantasy: Spirits Within, studios had given up on computer animation - we wouldn't have Pixar or Dreamworks and all of the amazing work they've put out. Give it time.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:42 am Reply with quote
I'm curious how much the show will be close to the CGDCT element and how much to the action and the through plot.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:50 am Reply with quote
I do not mind the hybrid animation but I am down for another CGDCT with less moe art! Girls in airplanes and air combat. That is something interesting and I am already amazed by the art, soundtrack, and premise. Having the Girls und Panzer director is a nice touch too.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:43 am Reply with quote
Well that looked absolutely horrible.
marshmallowpie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:43 am Reply with quote
The animation isn't really the worst thing ever, but why couldn't they get Nogami Takeshi to do the character designs for this? Since the animation isn't completely 2D, it's not as much as a loss; I wouldn't want the first real anime with his character designs to be something 3D, but I really wish there would be a proper full anime with his character designs. (Or just animate Ribbon Warrior...)
donhumberto

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:42 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Well that looked absolutely horrible.

Indeed. There's only one thing worse than generic moe girls: (bad) CGI moe girls
... and , wow, this is like the 5th CGDCT announcement we have this week (or, at the very least, series with a ton of moe girls, even if they're not technically CGDCT)... please, Japan, stop this already, this can't be healthy
Rolling Eyes
Afezeria

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:20 am Reply with quote
donhumberto wrote:
How about you stop it and realized that there's still a lot more variety among listed shows set to air every season? Or you can't use livechart? A mere 5 CGDCT show is apparently too much, when it could've scattered throughout each upcoming seasons. Plus, better some so called moe shit rather than another harem again.

https://www.livechart.me/summer-2018/tv
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2