• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Code Geass Franchise Gets Game Project

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:46 am Reply with quote
DMM? Well, you know what this means…

Rokonlo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:24 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty curious about this new game.

I wonder how this will develop.
Gamlin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:30 am Reply with quote
I smell mobile..
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:37 am Reply with quote
Great, mobile crap in a series that could have been perfect for a good mecha combat game.
your fly is down

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Back when code geass aired and i saw it, i had a conversation with a friend about how nice it would be to see a game about it.
I argued the best choice was a tintanfall like boots on the ground plus mecha battle 3rd person shooter incorporating geass as a game changing element (much like jedi/sith in battlefront) focusing on a random Britannian soldier.
He argued the best route was a hitman/metal gear like stealth game where you played as lelouch and assassinated your competition.
Only later did we learn the best choice for any anime IP is to go mobile and turn into a cradgame/gacha.
Well its still not revealed but heres hoping bathesda is willing to make me my code geass the game; lelouch of another rebellion
jroa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:38 pm Reply with quote
It's definitely looking like a mobile game is the most likely option, at least so far, but I hope it's not yet another gacha money trap. We have far too many of those already. It wouldn't be the end of the world though. Just disappointing. I'd want a more interesting game than that.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:45 pm Reply with quote
your fly is down wrote:
Back when code geass aired and i saw it, i had a conversation with a friend about how nice it would be to see a game about it.
I argued the best choice was a tintanfall like boots on the ground plus mecha battle 3rd person shooter incorporating geass as a game changing element (much like jedi/sith in battlefront) focusing on a random Britannian soldier.
He argued the best route was a hitman/metal gear like stealth game where you played as lelouch and assassinated your competition.
Only later did we learn the best choice for any anime IP is to go mobile and turn into a cradgame/gacha.
Well its still not revealed but heres hoping bathesda is willing to make me my code geass the game; lelouch of another rebellion

Bethesda making a combo vehicle/foot soldier FPS in the vein of Rage 2 (except you know,
Giant robots and less Andrew WK) would be amazing, but it’s also about as likely as Bayonetta 3 getting a PS4 port. Not happening.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:41 pm Reply with quote
jroa wrote:
It's definitely looking like a mobile game is the most likely option, at least so far, but I hope it's not yet another gacha money trap. We have far too many of those already. It wouldn't be the end of the world though. Just disappointing. I'd want a more interesting game than that.

Having already plodded through DMM's severely unpolished Muv-Luv Alternative gacha game (which shut down in July because fans' dislike of it was hurting the franchise), I don't imagine they're going to try that much harder with the Code Geass franchise. All they need is a few whales to obsessively roll paid gacha for each week's rare new artwork ("look! look! C.C. in a bikini!") and it'll pay for itself just fine.

Honestly, what I've always wanted from a Code Geass game would be some typical genre like action RPG, but with voice recognition to allow for Lelouch's Geass ability. Like, there would literally be commands you would speak into a room mic, subject to the canonical limitations on his powers. That novelty alone could make for a fascinating game.
KASHIMSSKNEO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:15 pm Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
Honestly, what I've always wanted from a Code Geass game would be some typical genre like action RPG, but with voice recognition to allow for Lelouch's Geass ability. Like, there would literally be commands you would speak into a room mic, subject to the canonical limitations on his powers. That novelty alone could make for a fascinating game.

Actually there is already a game with that description, and it was the first game of the series for nintendo DS.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:29 pm Reply with quote
It would be great if it was another game that enriched the game's lore like Lost Colors. But the most plausible answer would be another mobile game.
HK16

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:19 pm Reply with quote
If they were wise, they would have made a full scale PS4 action game that lets you end up with Kallen in the end.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:21 pm Reply with quote
HK16 wrote:
If they were wise, they would have made a full scale PS4 action game that lets you end up with Kallen in the end.

You know that will never happen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1