• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seiyu Awards Reveal Intermediate Results of 'Most Valuable Seiyu' Poll

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HK16

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Dat Yugioh and Kingdom Hearts cast. Yuto's come a long way since voicing Ephemera. Awesome AF that Hosoya is 4th, especially since he came back from his hiatus. Vote for Hosoya people.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:31 am Reply with quote
I don't know why they made this MVS category because it's obviously just another name for the Most Votes Awards which was retired. Therefore, it'll just become another Kamiya Hiroshi Award.

And this is coming from me as a Kamiya fan!
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:35 am Reply with quote
Welp, Kamiya's fanbase is huge. He's a popular dude in Japan but never belonged to the pantheon of the greats i.e Koyasu, Seki, Yamadera, Wakamoto etc. These old dudes should've been the ones winning that MVP awards.
thomas8166

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:56 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The poll is open to all voice actors regardless of their gender or career, and it will select one winner.
For a minute there I thought the results were limited to voice actors only and not actresses... Interesting how no actresses got into the top 10.
RegSuzaku

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:02 am Reply with quote
ehehehehe 3 and 4, nice <3 (They play March and April in Tsukiuta so the numbers coincidence is funny).

I'm glad Hosoyan is getting that many votes, though! The really good seiyuu almost never get that many votes in these things, it's always Kamiya and Miyano... I like Kamiya in a few roles, but he's not as stunningly brilliant as Hosoyan... no one is lol.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:32 am Reply with quote
No Sugita nor Nakamura. It's rigged i tell you.
capt_bunny

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:20 pm Reply with quote
I'm really not surprised that Hiroshi Kamiya and Miyano Mamoru are at the top two. I know that Hiroshi Kamiya was even the voice of the main character in a popular manga. I think it was the commercial was for the first volume and it was popular! The title was called Uramichi Oniisan.

Now, I am SURPRISED Yuuki Kaji is not in the top 5. He's majorly popular. Even Hosoya is on the top 5?! 0.0 Truly, I am surprised!!

thomas8166 wrote:
Quote:
The poll is open to all voice actors regardless of their gender or career, and it will select one winner.
For a minute there I thought the results were limited to voice actors only and not actresses... Interesting how no actresses got into the top 10.

I was thinking the same thing. Not even Kana Hanazawa???? I thought this was only for male seiyus.
yuna49

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:35 am Reply with quote
If the list was not limited to men by design, the absence of Sawashiro Miyuki is criminal. In just these past two seasons she has been the voice of Mine Fujiko in Lupin III and Kitarou in GeGeGe no Kitarou.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1