• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Isekai Quartet Anime's 'Relay' Promo Video Features Overlord, Re:Zero Characters

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Now I know what my most-anticipated title of the Spring 2019 season will be.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:53 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Now I know what my most-anticipated title of the Spring 2019 season will be.

Same. Laughing
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:02 am Reply with quote
I just pray with all this hype that two months before this primers they don’t announce “Btw, this is gonna be a short!” I will tear my f***ing hair out if they pull that sh*t.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:56 am Reply with quote
If this gets a simuldub, at least KonoSuba will finally have an official Eng. dub of sorts.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:54 am Reply with quote
LiteMangime wrote:
I just pray with all this hype that two months before this primers they don’t announce “Btw, this is gonna be a short!” I will tear my f***ing hair out if they pull that sh*t.

I was just about to say that the premise of this, to me, sounds like that of a series with short episodes.

I'd be very surprised if this series was comprised of 20-23 minute length episodes.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:58 am Reply with quote
LiteMangime wrote:

I will be quite shocked if this isn't a short. Everything about it, the animation style, the SD character designs, the gag comedy, screams SHORT. I had just assumed it was announced as such from the get go, but I guess it hasn't been.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:37 am Reply with quote
LiteMangime wrote:

I'll add my voice to others that have stated their doubts about this being anything other than a short. The only question in my mind is how short: 3 minutes, 5, 10, or 15?
Vannil

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
If this gets a simuldub, at least KonoSuba will finally have an official Eng. dub of sorts.

I doubt it this gets a simuldub. While the all the series outside of konosuba has a dub, the Funimation/ Crunchyroll break up would make it difficult talent wise, as Overlord and Sanya use Funimation's actors and Re:Zero uses Los Angeles actors. If Crunchyroll gets it, they would have to recast all the Overlord and Sanya characters.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:59 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
LiteMangime wrote:

I'll add my voice to others that have stated their doubts about this being anything other than a short. The only question in my mind is how short: 3 minutes, 5, 10, or 15?

I think the best type of shorts are those that are 15 min. (counting OP and ED) because then more of a story can be told.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:10 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
TheAncientOne wrote:
LiteMangime wrote:

I think the best type of shorts are those that are 15 min. (counting OP and ED) because then more of a story can be told.

10 or 15 would be best considering the sizable cast and that there seems to be some sort of story going on. I find 3 minutes really works best for 4-koma adaptations and not a whole lot more.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1