• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
HIDIVE Streams Run with the Wind Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:15 am Reply with quote
I was thinking that with Run with the Wind now being on HDIVE I can watch the latest episode, but it looks the website only has episode 1 at the present with the others not going to be release once a week as the dubs become available. Oh well! I will check out the dub later.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:53 am Reply with quote
If Crunchyroll and Sentai do indeed re-partner up, I wonder if subbed late casts in HIDIVE would be a good strategy to make the service less useless if CR is going to have all the same day simulcasts.

Aquasakura wrote:
I was thinking that with Run with the Wind now being on HDIVE I can watch the latest episode, but it looks the website only has episode 1 at the present with the others not going to be release once a week as the dubs become available. Oh well! I will check out the dub later.

I don't believe that a simuldub has been confirmed.
Toonces

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Aquasakura wrote:

No dubcast confirmed. I guess that's what they get for licensing it late (or sub-licensing)? Same situation is happening with Tonegawa, but with that at least the subs release concurrently with the dub.

angelmcazares wrote:
If Crunchyroll and Sentai do indeed re-partner up, I wonder if subbed late casts in HIDIVE would be a good strategy to make the service less useless if CR is going to have all the same day simulcasts.

If they do it like Tonegawa, where the sub comes out with the dub, then sure. If it's just a 4+ weeks late release, I'm not sure that's a good enough incentive. I would think it would have to be at most a 1 week delay, but I suppose they could be playing the long game (dubs later, enjoy current catalogue with cheaper sub for now, etc.).
Takizawa-Shinzou

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:32 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad they licensed it but they really ned to improve their quality. HIDIVE averages like 1.6Mbps per episode while others like CR are like 3Mbps. 1080p files should be around 5-8Mbps for good quality. HIDIVE's anime loaded with compression artifacting to the degree that I'd literally rather not watch anime because their quality is so distracting
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:10 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:

I don't believe that a simuldub has been confirmed.

Toonces wrote:

No dubcast confirmed.

Oh, I see. I must had misread then. Thanks! Smile

Takizawa-Shinzou wrote:
I'm glad they licensed it but they really ned to improve their quality. HIDIVE averages like 1.6Mbps per episode while others like CR are like 3Mbps. 1080p files should be around 5-8Mbps for good quality. HIDIVE's anime loaded with compression artifacting to the degree that I'd literally rather not watch anime because their quality is so distracting

I have watch HDIVE for the past few weeks now and crunchyroll for a long time, and I can't seem to tell the difference in quality.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1