• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Type-Moon Anime by Troyca to Air on December 31

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catsplay

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:27 am Reply with quote
So while it's no doubt Nasuverse material I doubt it's F/GO related since we're already getting three F/GO movies to adapt Camelot and a TV anime series for Babylon and I believe that's being done through A-1, and Silverlink will be doing Prisma Illya 3rei season 2 or whatever some point soon since they already confirmed that last year. A Fate/Strange Fake or Lord El-Melloi series would be amazing though and I really would love to see either adapted.
ThatMoonGuy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:29 am Reply with quote
It's totally Lord El-Melloi's II Case Files. Which is great since that is one of the single best recent pieces of media from Type Moon and just a very great urban fantasy story all around. And as a lover of occultism, the way they handle magic and mysticism in it is just great.
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:54 am Reply with quote
I'd say this is another FGO special, maybe "Camelot/Zero" as a prequel to the movies?
Though I guess an episode 0 for Lord El-Melloi II is also a posibility
jl07045

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:09 am Reply with quote
If they show London in a promo pic and then it turns out it's not Case Files, I would call it false advertising.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:44 am Reply with quote
Since this is in London it is pretty clear this will be Fate related but how come they have announced what it is yet with last than a month away..as everyone else has mentioned i hope it is the case files adaption.
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:24 am Reply with quote
Or now that I think about it could also be the adaptation of the Clock Tower 2015 short story novel
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:25 pm Reply with quote
I'd be hype for a Case Files anime in general.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:55 pm Reply with quote
While I love anything related to the Fate franchise for the most part by Type-Moon, do wish more of the group's work could be focused on outside of the Fate franchise. I'd kill to see an animated adaptation of anything like Angel Notes, Mahoutsukai no Yoru, or even a Tsukihime reboot.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
chronos02

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Ggultra2764 wrote:
While I love anything related to the Fate franchise for the most part by Type-Moon, do wish more of the group's work could be focused on outside of the Fate franchise. I'd kill to see an animated adaptation of anything like Angel Notes, Mahoutsukai no Yoru, or even a Tsukihime reboot.

Tsukihime reboot? what? This would be the first time it gets animated.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:27 pm Reply with quote
I've been hearing people talk up El-Melloi stuff for ages, so it seemed like just a matter of time.

Admittedly I too would like to see something non-Fate related for once, but hey, this isn't a Holy Grail War thing, right? Close enough.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:52 pm Reply with quote
chronos02 wrote:
Tsukihime reboot? what? This would be the first time it gets animated.

That meme's always tiresome to me. Rolling Eyes

The 2000s adaptation from JC Staff may not have been the best thing done compared to the more better manga adaptation. But there are worst things you could have done as an animated adaptation to a visual novel game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
青白

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Ggultra2764 wrote:

Oh boy I would love a Mahou Tsukai no Yoru adaptation, but I wouldn’t want any studio oher than ufotable animate high-class Type-Moon series.
Meongantuk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Kicksville wrote:
I've been hearing people talk up El-Melloi stuff for ages, so it seemed like just a matter of time.

Admittedly I too would like to see something non-Fate related for once, but hey, this isn't a Holy Grail War thing, right? Close enough.

It's more detective-mystery series with magic and occult background than battle-action like the usual Fate. There are few fights, but 95% are lore talk and mystery solving (usually murders).

Also consodering spoiler[Sion] appears in FGO, I think it's pretty good time to (re)introduce spoiler[her father too.]
Dian Z

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:54 pm Reply with quote
青白 wrote:
Ggultra2764 wrote:

Oh boy I would love a Mahou Tsukai no Yoru adaptation, but I wouldn’t want any studio oher than ufotable animate high-class Type-Moon series.

I second this.
I personally would love to see Decoration Disorder Disconnection, animated by Ufotable a la Kara no Kyoukai.
ThatMoonGuy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Dian Z wrote:
青白 wrote:
Ggultra2764 wrote:

I second this.
I personally would love to see Decoration Disorder Disconnection, animated by Ufotable a la Kara no Kyoukai.

Sadly, the chances of this happening are as good as the chances of the Mahoyo sequels and Girl's Work happening. There isn't even a third published volume and the last thing we saw of DDD was a cameo by Kanata in that Satsuki April fools game. And as long as FGO lives, those things are all staying dead.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2