• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Catherine: Full Body Game to Have Announcement on January 11

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
squirrelmecha-2.0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:05 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait for this game I enjoyed the original game
Twilightmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:06 pm Reply with quote
I honestly just can't get excited about this game. I enjoyed Catherine, but adding another girl to the story just seems so over the top. The romance sections were already a little cringey, i kind of expect this to just make it worse.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Twilightmaster wrote:
I honestly just can't get excited about this game. I enjoyed Catherine, but adding another girl to the story just seems so over the top. The romance sections were already a little cringey, i kind of expect this to just make it worse.

You know, there is a competitive crowd who get excited of this game. And there are people who welcome Rin, who unlike the other two, won't fudge Vincent up with his mind.
Chaotic-Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:58 pm Reply with quote
MajinAkuma wrote:
Twilightmaster wrote:

You know, there is a competitive crowd who get excited of this game. And there are people who welcome Rin, who unlike the other two, won't fudge Vincent up with his mind.

You know, what other people think doesn't apply to their opinions. Just because other people are excited doesn't mean Twilight has to be.
Amiantos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:20 pm Reply with quote
MajinAkuma wrote:
Twilightmaster wrote:

I get how they feel for the most part. To some there's just not enough new stuff to justify paying full price for the same game with some new content. It's essentially a .5 game. I'd get the game if it was $30, maybe $40. I feel the same way with the Persona .5 games like P4G too.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:51 pm Reply with quote
still hoping for another version of the love is over deluxe edition.
some are bigger fans than others, i know i personally would pay near 100 bucks for any smt collectors edition. 60 isnt unreasonable for this...hell id pay 60 if persona 3 fes or golden gets ported too the ps4
Daisylock

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Anime adaption please <3
Grisly_Bear

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:39 pm Reply with quote
January 11 is Friday not Monday...
Dicku-kun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Question. If I'm not into the story or the... ecchi parts. Just the gameplay, is it still worth it? I'm planning to buy on sale.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:29 am Reply with quote
Dicku-kun wrote:
Question. If I'm not into the story or the... ecchi parts. Just the gameplay, is it still worth it? I'm planning to buy on sale.

I guess if your realllllly into platform puzzles, not sure though.
I'm the opposite, i always activated very easy mode and sped through each puzzle so i can get too the cut scenes and story.
even though i didn't care for the main story puzzles, ironically i was addicted too the rapunzel game, spent hours and hours on that.
IanC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Windows port and western release announced with no Vita version but an Xbox One version instead.

That's my prediction. Though whether the Windows port is the orginal or this unnecessary remake I don't know.
DRWii

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:18 pm Reply with quote
IanC wrote:
Windows port and western release announced with no Vita version but an Xbox One version instead.

The announcement is coming from their Japanese account, so nothing on the Western version. I'm curious if they'll announce a "classic mode" for Full Body, and Sega finally announces Catherine Classic like they've been hinting at.

But considering preview images for the next Famitsu issue, it seems likely they'll just announce more DLC characters for the Babel/Colosseum modes. And it looks like they include characters that are already in the game. Yaaaaay.[/s]

EDIT: Well, they just announced the DLC characters, so at least that's not what we're getting on Thursday/Friday.

Last edited by DRWii on Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
jdnation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:55 pm Reply with quote
I get not being keen on this release either.

I'm also a fan of the first game, but I feel that sometimes re-releases don't add much.

If anything the additional game improvements and content would be the only thing to consider worth it.

But if it's story I find that the vanilla versions of the Persona series are better. At least with P3, FES was an epilogue, but was basically just dungeon stuff without all the other fun things. P3P would've been cool with the female protag option where a lot is different, but the game was shaded down tremendously for PSP and I would always pick the PS2 version over that.

P4 Golden's additional character wasn't worth it imo. It looks so unnecessary, and I would recommend the original release over that one.

Likewise I feel the same way about the new additional girl to Catherine. It feels like it would only overcomplicate the story, and take away from the basic theme of the dual clash of personalities between Catherine and Katherine and the basic ideas of infidelity and temptation, and what could just be Vincent freaking out over the idea of commitment where Catherine offers a way out. With this third option, just feels like this is gonna be a typical harem choose-best-girl scenario, whatever Rin turns out to be, and the game's story loses this aspect.

Though I guess, those who've never played the original versions won't have the baggage of comparing it to the original release and can just enjoy the game on its own terms.

But me? I'm skipping this one, unless I hear feedback that makes it worth reconsidering.

But well, I'm all in favour for anything that gets us a sequel/spiritual successor.

Dicku-kun wrote:

The puzzle stuff is pretty fun, and there's a hardcore mode on an arcade cabinet in the game's restaurant that you can play too.

There really isn't all that much 'ecchi' stuff. Well... I don't know about the new version and what it might add... but the original was quite tame imo. Nothing you haven't already seen in most mainstream anime already, it's just that it is set in a more mature context.

So short answer, yeah, if you wanted to you could just glaze-through and run past all the other stuff to get to the puzzles. Their difficulty can be changed. And I wouldn't consider myself that much of a puzzle guy, but I did get into it quite a bit. it can be pretty challenging too, around twice I had to resort to a walkthrough to get past some sections.

Daisylock wrote:
Anime adaption please <3

Considering Catherine is a pretty brief story that could be completely adapted within just 10 episodes, I still can only recall how utterly bad the P4/5 anime adaptations are I wouldn't trust Atlus to fund a decent length anime adaptation. At least the P3 movies had decent action scenes and production value.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:56 am Reply with quote
IanC wrote:

The ESRB listing is for the original Catherine game. The only thing new is the Windows PC port. The Xbox One listing has been there since Catherine became backwards-compatible way back on Dec 2016. Vita is dead to Sony in the west, so it won't get anywhere near ESRB.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1